Assigning separate controls for every machine

Mrbrutal

Assigning separate controls for every machine

Post by Mrbrutal »

I am playing the game with two Thrustmaster joysticks and a wheel and I would like to make the controls be as realistic as possible. This presents a few challenges that I'm not sure how to solve. So if anyone has any idea, or knows how to fix it, it would be awesome. :)

1. Having the same AXIS bound for multiple things.
This does not seem to work, no matter the order I bind it in. Only the last bound axis is working.
The problem I specifically have is with the Volvo excavator with the grapple attachment, because the grapple opening and closing are bound to "Open crane tool" instead of for example "Extend crane arm". (Since that particular excavator does not have an extender it would make sense)

2. Possibility to bind different commands to different machines.
What I mean by that is having completely different controls for different machines. If I want to control an excavator it's not going to be the same if I also want to control a wheel loader.

Would it be possible to achieve something like that with a script mod? Have a separate inputBinding.xml for every machine that needs it, and then change it on the fly based on what machine you are driving.