Lagging and fps dropping on a powerful pc :/

gruszon18

Re: Lagging and fps dropping on a powerful pc :/

Post by gruszon18 »

You are not alone with this problem. A lot of users are looking for help on many internet forums or, for example, on the Steam community ... The topic repeats itself wherever you mention the game FS 22. The funniest thing is that it doesn't matter if the computer is Highend or mid-range. It doesn't matter the brand of processor or graphics card either.. There's just something wrong with the shaders in this game... Why the shaders? Because I've heard from users that when you reach the right size of files in the shader cache folder, the game works as it should.. And I personally notice this relationship now.. I changed the monitor to get the best RTX performance (I played on FHD, now 4k) I tried many things .. I changed the motherboard, processor, ram, disks, power supply, returned the graphics card for a complaint (because I simply did not intend to buy another one and I have no friends who would have a similar card) and it did not give any results ...Recently I found a topic on Steam about changing the size of shader cache files. I deleted all the files from the shader cache folder, set the shader size to 10 GB in the nvidia settings, and then started testing the game on different graphics settings. Frame drops are still there, but not so aggressive that with every movement of the camera the image lost it smoothnes ..
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh thats cool. I got only 15 then 19. Im sorry we couldn't figure out your problem. I thought you might have spent a bunch of money on games that didnt work. A lot of people been having trouble with steam. I dont know why
Ice_boii :gamer:
Titson

Post by Titson »

gruszon18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:47 pm You are not alone with this problem. A lot of users are looking for help on many internet forums or, for example, on the Steam community ... The topic repeats itself wherever you mention the game FS 22. The funniest thing is that it doesn't matter if the computer is Highend or mid-range. It doesn't matter the brand of processor or graphics card either.. There's just something wrong with the shaders in this game... Why the shaders? Because I've heard from users that when you reach the right size of files in the shader cache folder, the game works as it should.. And I personally notice this relationship now.. I changed the monitor to get the best RTX performance (I played on FHD, now 4k) I tried many things .. I changed the motherboard, processor, ram, disks, power supply, returned the graphics card for a complaint (because I simply did not intend to buy another one and I have no friends who would have a similar card) and it did not give any results ...Recently I found a topic on Steam about changing the size of shader cache files. I deleted all the files from the shader cache folder, set the shader size to 10 GB in the nvidia settings, and then started testing the game on different graphics settings. Frame drops are still there, but not so aggressive that with every movement of the camera the image lost it smoothnes ..
Yeah that's true I have search like two weeks around with this problem and I see like you said that many people have the same problem but the funniest thing is that Giants is not even interested in some problem solver thing about that fact. I have friend that he have a pc around 12k euro and even he on the lowest settings have same problem but when he play some other games on ultra even no problems with all so strange with FS22 for al I spend like 15h only on changing settings improving **** there even with the shader size and noting went better with FPS what is see that even on the lowest settings my GPU hits 75/80 degrees when FS19 on Very High settings 55 degrees and usage of GPU seems be only 5% more in FS2 2 than in FS19 so there is something wrong by Giants that they did. Funny is I seen much youtubers that are playing the game without problems so where is a problem
gruszon18

Post by gruszon18 »

I can say on my own example that the fault is definitely not in the computer's components.. As I mentioned, I replaced the ram processor, the motherboard, the power supply, the drives (the graphics card in my case is a long story) but there is no result.. This is a typical software problem
D3V1L0M3N

Post by D3V1L0M3N »

I just started playing FS22 (loving it so far) and had the same issues on my RTX 3060 Ti. The game ran somewhat smoothly until you turned the camera; then it became a stuttery slideshow. My CPU and GPU were doing barely any work according to Task Manager so it leads me to think the bottleneck is in the game engine / mainthread itself.

Here's what helped for me:
- ensure game is running in Fullscreen (not Windowed Borderless)
- in graphics settings, turn down LOD Distance, Foilage Draw Distance, Terrain LOD Distance and Object Draw Distance

I just turned each of those down a notch, until the stutters went away. Left everything else on the Very High preset. It is a shame, though, when I can play Microsoft Flight Simulator on High/Ultra settings @60fps but a visually uncomplex farming simulator is where performance really chugs.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

gruszon18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:47 pm You are not alone with this problem. A lot of users are looking for help on many internet forums or, for example, on the Steam community ... The topic repeats itself wherever you mention the game FS 22. The funniest thing is that it doesn't matter if the computer is Highend or mid-range. It doesn't matter the brand of processor or graphics card either.. There's just something wrong with the shaders in this game... Why the shaders? Because I've heard from users that when you reach the right size of files in the shader cache folder, the game works as it should.. And I personally notice this relationship now.. I changed the monitor to get the best RTX performance (I played on FHD, now 4k) I tried many things .. I changed the motherboard, processor, ram, disks, power supply, returned the graphics card for a complaint (because I simply did not intend to buy another one and I have no friends who would have a similar card) and it did not give any results ...Recently I found a topic on Steam about changing the size of shader cache files. I deleted all the files from the shader cache folder, set the shader size to 10 GB in the nvidia settings, and then started testing the game on different graphics settings. Frame drops are still there, but not so aggressive that with every movement of the camera the image lost it smoothnes ..
Hmmm....what are the purpose in those shaders?
gruszon18

Post by gruszon18 »

I have no idea... I guess it's about deleting the existing shaders and creating new ones... In my case, changing the monitor made a big difference...I mean... I bought the game in late December. I have week or two of nice gameplay. And then it starts.. I couldn't play because every movement of the character's camera caused fps drops so rapid (e.g. from 60 fps to 35, every 3 seconds until I stopped moving the camera) the image was so rough, and lost all the smoothness that the gameplay was very unpleasant. Tried lowering the game settings, that makes things even worse. SoI bought a Samsung 1440p 165hz and set the fps cap to 240... The game runs at 60 to 110 fps , there are some stutters, but not as much as before. I am constantly changing things to set the game to its optimal level.. So if you play in FHD, and you have rtx gpu, try going higher with resolution.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

gruszon18 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:23 pm I have no idea... I guess it's about deleting the existing shaders and creating new ones... In my case, changing the monitor made a big difference...I mean... I bought the game in late December. I have week or two of nice gameplay. And then it starts.. I couldn't play because every movement of the character's camera caused fps drops so rapid (e.g. from 60 fps to 35, every 3 seconds until I stopped moving the camera) the image was so rough, and lost all the smoothness that the gameplay was very unpleasant. Tried lowering the game settings, that makes things even worse. SoI bought a Samsung 1440p 165hz and set the fps cap to 240... The game runs at 60 to 110 fps , there are some stutters, but not as much as before. I am constantly changing things to set the game to its optimal level.. So if you play in FHD, and you have rtx gpu, try going higher with resolution.
Oh thats cool. Thanks for the heads up!