Game settings in FS 22 are missing

vthockeyman

Game settings in FS 22 are missing

Post by vthockeyman »

I purchased a download version of FS 22 in March of 2022. I had trouble adjusting to it from FS-19. I recently purchased a Logitech G Farm Simulator Heavy Equipment Bundle (2nd Generation) from Amazon. When I try to select Game Settings to change the seasons, the ONLY option available is Vehicle settings. Our internet speed was VERY slow in March and I am concerned that I have an incomplete installation. I have watched multiple videos on game settings and am quite sure mine are missing.
don_apple

Re: Game settings in FS 22 are missing

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In order for others to help you will need to provide some more information about your setup. If you are playing on Windows or macOS then please post the log.txt of the game here: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665

Also posting a screenshot that shows the issue might help. To post screenshots here you can use the image server provided by GIANTS: viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

I have attached the log file. Since the screenshot will only show the vehicle setting and can't show what is missing, I have not attached that
Attachments
log.txt
(30.04 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The log.txt unfortunately does not show any obvious issues. Therefore a screenshot might still help so that others can compare it to what the same settings menu looks on their system.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

Here is the link created when I uploaded my screenshot to the giants server.

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

I am finding that there are many things that are not working. I can't raise my cultivator, I can't attach equipment that I get from the equipment sales. I have done all these things many times in fs-19. I think I need to remove the application and reinstall. Since I downloaded this version, I am nervous about doing this and loosing the game entirely. I have the email with the activation license code. Can I just start over?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

vthockeyman wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:42 pm Here is the link created when I uploaded my screenshot to the giants server.

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
This Screenshot shows the "Vehicle Overview" Screen, but not the Game settings. To get to the game settings menu you have to select the other menu item with a tractor symbol in the list on the left:

vthockeyman wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:07 pm I am finding that there are many things that are not working. I can't raise my cultivator, I can't attach equipment that I get from the equipment sales. I have done all these things many times in fs-19. I think I need to remove the application and reinstall. Since I downloaded this version, I am nervous about doing this and loosing the game entirely. I have the email with the activation license code. Can I just start over?
Yes, since you still have the mail with the activation code you could just start over and reinstall the game.

But since most of your issues seem to be related to using some of the vehicle functions in the game I would recommend to first try to reset the input bindings of the game to the defaults by removing the inputBinding.xml file from the FarmingSimulator2022 folder (the one where you also found the log.txt). If you then start the game again with all your controllers connected the game will try to create new input bindings that should mostly match your controllers, but you will then still have to manually map some of the game functions to the buttons and axis of your controllers.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

I will give that a try first. thanks so much for your help!
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

I deleted the inputBinding.xml file and restarted the game. There was no change. I will uninstall and reinstall. I have the download files from my earlier install. Is there a way I can get a fresh copy of these without having to buy the game again?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Yes, if you bought the game directly from GIANTS you can go to https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php and enterring your key to get access to the game downloads.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Hello sir. I read your log and I see you got intel UHD 630. I don't think it's compatible with fs22. Maybe look up your card verses nvidia GTX 660. Ive been doing a lot of research and I believe your graphics card is made more for business pcs. Id look it up to be sure.
Ice_boii :gamer:
vthockeyman

Post by vthockeyman »

Thank You ALL. I downloaded a new copy from Steam. Uninstalled the bad version. Rebooted the machine. Installed the fresh copy and all is well!! My graphics work but I will consider a separate graphics card after a while. Thanks again.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh well that's good for you vthockyman. Im glad you figured it out! Enjoy your game!
Ice_boii :gamer: