Crash but only on 1 Savegame.

Farmer525

Crash but only on 1 Savegame.

Post by Farmer525 »

Hello,

I'm having an interesting problem on only 1 of my savegames. It is Silverun Forest which I started specifically for multiplayer and have been playing only on multiplayer. Yesterday when I attempted to launch it got to 100% and then the game crashed to desktop after I hit *Start*. Trying again today it made it to 95% loaded and then did the same crash. I tried loading it up in single player mode and it did the same thing. Only this save game will not load, all my others are working.

Note 1: Since this was for multiplayer I didn't select any mods for the map.
Note 2: It seems that the game gets to the loading of the Volvo L180H but then stops which is interesting as it is the last vehicle which I purchased
Note 3: The only thing coming up in the log of note is the following which I read are not critical but I could be wrong.

2022-12-03 08:21 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'swordFern' 'swordFern02LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.097/1.201 vs -0.065/0.566).
2022-12-03 08:21 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'grass' 'grass01LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.073/0.954 vs -0.041/0.802).

Any thoughts will be most appreciated on how to relaunch this as we already made a lot of progress towards our goals.
log.txt
(66.83 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Proudly playing since FS13
TheMice

Re: Crash but only on 1 Savegame.

Post by TheMice »

Hi, i'am sry i couldn't help u with the problem, only give additional information to it. I have 2 sp-savegames with the same problem. never had that Volvo bought so i don't see the Proeblem there. I add my logs as Comparsion. maybe sb have an idea whats wrong there.
Attachments
log2.txt
(44.72 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
log1.txt
(44.41 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Interesting as there are some parallels but nothing obvious. Did this only recently start to happen after you got the Platinum upgrade?
TheMice

Post by TheMice »

Farmer525 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:08 pm Interesting as there are some parallels but nothing obvious. Did this only recently start to happen after you got the Platinum upgrade?
Silverrun ist part of the Platinum pack... so yeah ^^ problem since upgrade to platinum pack :lol:
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

TheMice wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:24 am
Farmer525 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:08 pm Interesting as there are some parallels but nothing obvious. Did this only recently start to happen after you got the Platinum upgrade?
Silverrun ist part of the Platinum pack... so yeah ^^ problem since upgrade to platinum pack :lol:
I get the distinct feeling that it is something to do with the upgrade and maybe PC's only. We will see if anyone else is having similar issues and hopefully it will be something simple in the savegame files that can be modified/changed to fix the issue. (We cut down A LOT of trees on my savegame :( )
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Ok I did some messing around tonight and I was able to get my savegame running again! :mrgreen: Since the logs indicated that everything was loading until the vehicle screen I focused on this. Here is what I did to make it work again.

Step 1: Copy all of your save game files into a new savegame folder (Always leave the original files untouched when messing around with things.)
Step 2: I started a new game on Silverun, bought a single tractor and saved the game.
Step 3: I then closed the game, opened the Savegame folder of the NEW game and copied its vehicle.xml file.
Step 4: Paste this vehicle.xml into the folder with your backup savegame and replace the original.
Step 5: Relaunch the game and see if it works....

It is a bit of a hassle but i'll edit the farms.xml and give myself some cash to rebuy all the vehicles. I have a theory that the crash it related to all the new forestry arms and grapples as the Volvo loaders constantly glitched and needed to be reset if you weren't gentle with them.
Last edited by Farmer525 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMice

Post by TheMice »

Oh man i love your innitial idea... that gave me some power to try again to get the game unstucked. Did another way and managed on both savegames to get them unstucked. long story short, the bad boy was the "k 307c-H + ECKO FLEX".

1. create new game
2. copy vehicles.xml from old savegame into new savegame
3. release the rope of the bad boy and save
4. copy all your left files excluded the vehicles.xml to the new savegamefolder
5. game should work again.

Maybe the K 300-T generates the same problem. Haven't used it.

Thx @Farmer525 for your inspiration. Maybe this will help u too if u have left an backup from yesterday :)
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

TheMice wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:00 pm Oh man i love your innitial idea... that gave me some power to try again to get the game unstucked. Did another way and managed on both savegames to get them unstucked. long story short, the bad boy was the "k 307c-H + ECKO FLEX".

1. create new game
2. copy vehicles.xml from old savegame into new savegame
3. release the rope of the bad boy and save
4. copy all your left files excluded the vehicles.xml to the new savegamefolder
5. game should work again.

Maybe the K 300-T generates the same problem. Haven't used it.

Thx @Farmer525 for your inspiration. Maybe this will help u too if u have left an backup from yesterday :)

Very interesting find on the K307C-H +ECKO FLEX as that had also been a recent purchase within my own save game! Glad to hear that you were able to get your games back as well.

Dare I ask but was your long story short deleting one vehicle at a time out of the vehicles.xml? (How did you manage to narrow it down to the K307C?) I tried this scalpel method at first with a few vehicles and got nowhere so I moved onto the sledgehammer approach with replacing the entire file. Also when you "released the rope" did you do that in-game or within the vehicle.xml file?

I suppose the long term solution to this problem is to remember to put our toys back away in the shed once we are done with them :lol: At the very least I will ensure to pull the rope down from the tree before saving and quitting.
Last edited by Farmer525 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMice

Post by TheMice »

first i started a new game with old vehicles.xml which worked, the sold all vehicles and the old savegame worked also, then yeah ^^ selling the expension-things one after another. took something like 10 games to find it.

all done ingame and copy-paste in the explorer.
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

TheMice wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:05 am first i started a new game with old vehicles.xml which worked, the sold all vehicles and the old savegame worked also, then yeah ^^ selling the expension-things one after another. took something like 10 games to find it.

all done ingame and copy-paste in the explorer.
That surprises me that the old vehicles.xml file worked with a new savegame but I guess the issue isn't within the vehicles.xml file itself but some interaction between that file and something else.

With that being said my sledgehammer method may have broken the train :frown: It now only has the locomotive and one car behind it. I've tried doing some copy/pasting from good vehicles.xml and placebles.xml files but I can't seem to get them back. Every time I try the train disappears entirely and I can't get it back. There must be a 3rd file somewhere else interacting with them that i'm not seeing.
TheMice

Post by TheMice »

oh, i didn't used the train yet. I will look and report if it does what it should. problem was the trees that "stucked" the bad boy. after relaese it stands on top of some trees, which caused the issue i think. so the Trees affected that error, but which file is included :?: i don't know xD

edit: train works as intended