Price Bug at Container Warehouse

MusicalMayhem

Price Bug at Container Warehouse

Post by MusicalMayhem »

Hey yall,

I just sold a fully loaded container (44000l) at the container warehouse while the price was showing 3100/1000l. All the logs were the right length, and it sold just fine, but the value I received was super low. I got 23,000 for that whole container. Doing the math, I believe thats about 100,000 less than it should have been. Has anyone else had this problem?
Steel_Horse

Re: Price Bug at Container Warehouse

Post by Steel_Horse »

What type of trees did you load it with? I am guessing a fair few Deadwood were included. Either that or sequoia?
cheechako

Re: Price Bug at Container Warehouse

Post by cheechako »

Every log is evaluated for species, weight, length, thickness, taper, extra foliage remaining, and so on. Cut down a tall, straight tree, save the game. Sell the whole tree and note the price. Load the save, trim the tree, cut it into 6m or 9m lengths, and sell the whole tree again. Note the additional profit.

If you fill a 9m container with 9m lodgepole pine logs, you should get the most profit per liter. Introduce anything else into that container - a different size or a different species - and your profit will be lower. If you fill a 9m container with only 9m spruce, expect half or less what you got for the 9m lodgepole.