LUA method "mouse event" error

beertje123

LUA method "mouse event" error

Post by beertje123 »

Hey, I've been experiencing problems with the "time saving stock check" mod, it the game it doesn't show anything. I can't see my stored goods I can't see any prices, I can only see the tab in the menu. On a new game the mod does work with all of the same mods installed, so I think there's something wrong with my saved game.
I saw this error in the log file, I think this is the problem but I don't know how to solve it.
2022-12-07 21:14 Error: Running LUA method 'mouseEvent'.
C:/Users/beren/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_TSStockCheck/gui/InGameMenuTSStockCheck.lua:1: attempt to index a nil value
2022-12-07 21:14 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/beren/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_TSStockCheck/gui/InGameMenuTSStockCheck.lua:1: attempt to index a nil value
I'm including my entire log file as well.
Thanks in advance!

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "Technical Support" to "Modhub Bug Reports, since it is about an issue with a mod from the Modhub.
Attachments
log.txt
(362.9 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Ethos

Re: LUA method "mouse event" error

Post by Ethos »

Posting to reply that I have the same error.

2022-12-18 20:08 Error: Running LUA method 'mouseEvent'.
C:/Users/Ethos/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_TSStockCheck/gui/InGameMenuTSStockCheck.lua:1: attempt to index a nil value
2022-12-18 20:08 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Ethos/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_TSStockCheck/gui/InGameMenuTSStockCheck.lua:1: attempt to index a nil value
Attachments
log.txt
(276.46 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to the error messages in both cases they are caused by the FS22_TSStockCheck mod.

Therefore please disable this mod which should make the errors disappear.

If you still want to use the mod you should try to contact the author of the mod and make them aware of this issue, so the they can fix it in a new version of the mod.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

I wouldn't know how to contact the mod author, but I did go through disabling and enabling mods & DLC's, and I discovered that the error goes away when disabling Pumps n' Hoses. I cannot say to what the root cause may be, but perhaps the mod author will see this message, and it may be of use to them.

Edit : As a final note, and I cannot for certain say that this is relevant, I had a hose pallet awaiting me at the store. When I finally retrieved it and spooled it on a carrier, the problem went away.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

I have posted the link to this thread to the TSS mod authors discord.
TWProductions

Post by TWProductions »

Hi All,

I am the author of the Time Saving Stock Check. Thanks for the information above. I will take a look into what might be causing the issues.

I do know of one issue with the mod when using Object Storage on a Dedicated Server but will look into Pumps and Hoses DLC and the hose pallet.

Does the error stop the game loading or just when you are displaying the Stock Check screen?

I do have a discord channel available here https://discord.gg/zNTR742eEX.

Thanks for your patience while I look into the problems.

Regards.

TWProductions
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

One observation, I think this error is a different and potentially occasional mod conflict between an unknown mod and the 1.8 patch. I use TSS on all my saves but have been starting to see this mouse event LUA error on only a couple. I havent been able to isolate the mod causing it. In my setup the issue doesnt affect gameplay, just causes the game to hang when I save and exit, This has been occuring on my Griffin save since the patch and yesterday started occurring on a different map and save that has previously been fine. Quite strange. I dont have pumps and hoses, but do have the Platinum DLC.

I am starting to look more closely at the quality of life mods I use that havent had an update for a while and which change/update in-game menus as I suspect Giants tweaked something in the patch that is not well understood.
TWProductions

Post by TWProductions »

There was indeed an issue with the Hose pallet from Pumps And Hoses which only stopped the Stock Check screen from displaying any items. I have fixed the issue and will be submitting a update with Giants in the New Year. If you want the fix sooner then please head over to the discord channel mentioned above and I will provide the update.
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

I apologize for not replying sooner, and you all are awesome!

Thanks for your hard work, your mod is awesome.
plsolar

Post by plsolar »

Hi.
I have this error too, currently only on one save (Haut Beyleron). I have a lot of mods but I was able to isolate the one causing the error. In my case it is: Additional game settings. Maybe this will help someone.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

plsolar wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:41 am Hi.
I have this error too, currently only on one save (Haut Beyleron). I have a lot of mods but I was able to isolate the one causing the error. In my case it is: Additional game settings. Maybe this will help someone.
Same here. This mod causes some very weird behavior. My save ran fine for a long time, like weeks, then yesterday the game crashed on exit with the mouse event hud lua error. Reloaded my save with only this mod enabled and sure enough it crashed again. Game runs fine now with all my mods enabled except this one. So Rockstar needs to fix his mod.