Game map scrolling with joystick

Jeremy041978

Game map scrolling with joystick

Post by Jeremy041978 »

I have 2 Thrustmaster sticks. When I open up the menu and look at the map it automatically scrolls to the bottom. Like something is stuck on the stick. Ive tried a brand new stick, a fresh install with no mods I deleted all the control binds in the menu and different usb ports. Stilll does it. While in game no issues.
ice_boii_1207

Re: Game map scrolling with joystick

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Maybe your sticks arent the right ones for fs 22?
Ice_boii :gamer:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe you need to increase your deadzones.
Jos Modding

Post by Jos Modding »

It's caused by the slides on the bottom front. Place it somewhat centered (open the map when doing so) and it will stop scrolling.
Jeremy041978

Post by Jeremy041978 »

JosTheJoker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:53 pm It's caused by the slides on the bottom front. Place it somewhat centered (open the map when doing so) and it will stop scrolling.
LOL I knew itd end up being something stupidly easy!! I was using a Thrustmaster and an old Logitech stick. I figured it was the old stick so bought a new Thrustmaster...and this was all it was. Being stupide can be expensive lol. Thanks!!
Samri

Post by Samri »

I'm using 2 thrusmuster sticks. There seems to be auto binding for some functions.
Is there anyway to disable the sliders from scrolling the map?
I have not bound them in the settings.
Thanks for any help.
nuggetz

Post by nuggetz »

What worked for me is the following. I had a logitech extreme 3d pro and the stupid slider on the front was mapped to the map for some reason but nothing was bound in the in-game settings so did a litle surgury on the xml file.

Open inputBindings.xml in your FarmingSimulator game folder

Find the section that starts with - <actionBinding action="AXIS_MAP_SCROLL_UP_DOWN">

under this section, remove anything that looks like it doesn't belong there or is not mapped to keyboard keys. Mine were the last 4 lines which looked something like this:

<binding device="0_046D-C215-0204-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzIxNSM4JjE5YzU4OGQ0JjEmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="AXIS_3+" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="1"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C215-0204-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzIxNSM4JjE5YzU4OGQ0JjEmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="AXIS_3-" axisComponent="-" neutralInput="0" index="1"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C215-5711-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzIxNSM4JjM5ZTJkYjZhJjAmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="AXIS_3+" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="2"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C215-5711-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzIxNSM4JjM5ZTJkYjZhJjAmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="AXIS_3-" axisComponent="-" neutralInput="0" index="2"/>

And I left these lines alone as they are mappings for the keyboard and mouse.

<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_s" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="1"/>
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_w" axisComponent="-" neutralInput="0" index="1"/>
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="AXIS_Y+" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="3"/>
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="AXIS_Y-" axisComponent="-" neutralInput="0" index="3"/>