Kolonia Save Game Deleting Itself

twisted_coconut

Kolonia Save Game Deleting Itself

Post by twisted_coconut »

Hello everyone. I recently stumbled into a bizarre glitch where my save game is deleting itself. I started this save a week ago and I play it regularly off work with zero problems until now. Tonight I tried to save my game after planting soybeans and it froze, whereas I closed the game and restarted to find out my save was deleted. I restored my save through the game's backup feature and tried to play again only to find out that my save was not getting corrupted but instead it was deleting itself. On the month the save starts at from the last time I played I can save just fine but when I skip ahead to the next month and attempt to save the save deletes itself. If anybody wants to look at the save files and see if there is anything odd feel free, the link is down below

1. I play with only mods downloaded from the in-game mod store, I do not play with mods from third party sites save for Autodrive which was downloaded from https://farmingsimulator22mods.com
2. This save has worked flawlessly for 6 in-game years until it decided to do this
3. I tried deleting vehicles / buildings / fields to see if those were causing the problem however none of those seemed to be the culprit.
4. I thought that some of my mods may have interfered with my save so I deleted all of the mods I downloaded from the in-game workshop today just as a precautionary measure regardless if it may work or not
5. All mods I used prior to the glitch were up-to-date
6. I have played Farm Sim 22 for 1200+ hours with massive amounts of mods and have never encountered a bug like this
7. Automatic watering system leaves a file behind in the savegame file however despite it being a disabled mod I have had no prior problems with it being turned off when continuing a game save

Mod List @ https://imgur.com/a/pefGW76
Savegame Link @ https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated because I am at wits end

edit: Forgot to post log file link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P1K0xd ... sp=sharing
JensChrDK

Re: Kolonia Save Game Deleting Itself

Post by JensChrDK »

Even though you only have ModHub mods, there can easily be a mod conflict - Giants only test one mod at a time, on a vanilla map. Their only goal is to see if the current mod in testing doesn't crash the game, then it is your own responsibility to see if you get mod conflicts, the more mods you download.

So I would try a new save with no mods, and see if the problem still occurs.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
twisted_coconut

Post by twisted_coconut »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:51 pm Even though you only have ModHub mods, there can easily be a mod conflict - Giants only test one mod at a time, on a vanilla map. Their only goal is to see if the current mod in testing doesn't crash the game, then it is your own responsibility to see if you get mod conflicts, the more mods you download.

So I would try a new save with no mods, and see if the problem still occurs.
Not to necro a dead thread but I finally figured out after a VERY lengthy period of mod testing whilst having the problem on a new map and I believe the problem came from the "Start in Spring" mod from the modhub. Not exactly sure why it kept crashing the game but I figured that it had to do with it actively changing the map caused a glitch that would softlock the save. Anyway thanks for the advice and for anybody that comes across this that is having the same problem take a look at that mod if you can.

Problem Solved. Admins you can lock this thread now
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I'm glad you figured it out! Happy farming *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick