Lose look left/right when change camera

Ridley

Lose look left/right when change camera

Post by Ridley »

When I am in any vehicle and press C to change from 1st person to 3rd person or visa versa then my mouse will no longer allow me to look left or right. The only way to get this back is to press E to exit and E to enter the vehicle and I have control of my view again. This happens pretty much all of the time and I can find no solution.

I have tried:
Removing the Logitech G25 wheel and pedals and back to keyboard control.
Swapping keyboard and mouse for another.
Changing camera keybind from C to another key.
Removing all mods and playing in base game.
Uninstalling and re-installing the game.

Non of the above have made any difference and I am at my whits end with this issue. I have not heard of anybody else with this problem.
Noraf

Re: Lose look left/right when change camera

Post by Noraf »

Drop the log in here for us please

How-to in my signature
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Attached log, just replicated the problem for the log, it was okay this time until I hitched something to the tractor
log.txt
(92.84 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Noraf wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:48 pm Drop the log in here for us please

How-to in my signature
The log was dropped in as requested, is that it or can I expect some feedback? Thanks
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

What you have got to consider is that the members of this forum are worldwide and work on different time zones so you have to have patience when waitng for replies.

Regarding your problem first I suggest corrrecting/removing the FS22 DefPack to remove this error

Code: Select all

2023-01-11 20:08   Load mod: FS22_DefPack
2023-01-11 20:08   Error: Invalid customEnvironment given for SpecializationManager.addSpecialization. Should be a string or nil.
2023-01-11 20:08 LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/mods.lua (423) : printCallstack
  =C:/Users/steve/Documents/my games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_DefPack/scripts/RegisterSpecialization.lua (80) : addSpecialization
  =[C] (4294967295)
  dataS/scripts/mods.lua (374) : source
  dataS/scripts/mods.lua (875) : source
  dataS/scripts/xml/XMLFile.lua (296) : closure
  dataS/scripts/mods.lua (872) : iterate
  dataS/scripts/gui/MPLoadingScreen.lua (754) : loadMod
  dataS/scripts/misc/AsyncTaskManager.lua (41) : lambda
  dataS/scripts/misc/AsyncTaskManager.lua (120) : runLambda
  dataS/scripts/misc/AsyncTaskManager.lua (146) : runTopTask
  dataS/scripts/main.lua (1181) : update
2023-01-11 20:08   Error: Too many arguments for SpecializationManager.addSpecialization. (Arguments should be: name, className, filename, customEnvironment)
2023-01-11 20:08 LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/mods.lua (428) : printCallstack
  =C:/Users/steve/Documents/my games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_DefPack/scripts/RegisterSpecialization.lua (80) : addSpecialization
  =[C] (4294967295)
Secondly the problem its self is most likely a mod conflict so remove all mods and see if it works correctly, if so then add the mods back one at a time (or in blocks of 4)to see which one is causing the problem.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Did you try removing the def pack mod?
Have seen several have had problems with that lately
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. As I posted in the OP, I have tried with all mods removed including the def pack. I have reinstalled the game and tried again, I play with exactly the same mods as many other people on my server and nobody else has the issue. I could try again I suppose as I can see the error you found.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

So I just removed the def pack and started a new SP game, I bought a tractor and trailer, the mouse freeze to look didn't happen until I connected the trailer and then the error was back.
Here's the log if anyone has time to look.
Cheers
Attachments
log.txt
(54.69 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

and for completeness here is the log file with zero mods. Same problem.
Attachments
log.txt
(25.05 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Couple of comments and suggestions. I have seen the problem you described a couple of times of times and for me it is has always turned out to be an unusual mod conflict.

Since the Platinum edition I have been experiencing odd intermittent errors that cause the camera to lose right and left. I have been able to continue playing by tabbing to a new vehicle and everythng seems to reset correctly. I believe I have narrowed the cause to Additional Field Settings.

Have you done a steam verify recently? If not I would recommend that first. Then I would repeat your load with no mods to see if it occurs again?
If you can get clean to that point I would then reload all your mods except Additional Field Settings until Rockstar puts out a new version.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Thanks, I appreciate the help, I have however already tried with no mods at all and the problem persists. I hadn't verified for a while and tried that, I removed additional fields again just to be certain and the problem still happens.
It seems to first occur on hitching a trailer or implement to a tractor.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe it is a keybinding issue. If you remove your input bindings xml and put it on your desktop so you can use it again later if necessary then the game will create a fresh one and see if that helps. I'd start my doing it on a fresh save with no mods on it.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:29 pm Maybe it is a keybinding issue. If you remove your input bindings xml and put it on your desktop so you can use it again later if necessary then the game will create a fresh one and see if that helps. I'd start my doing it on a fresh save with no mods on it.
Good idea, I tried that but it didn't work, once again with no mods and inputbindings removed a soon as I connected a tractor the bug re-occurs
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Ridley wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:41 am It seems to first occur on hitching a trailer or implement to a tractor.
Does it happen with any tractor and trailer or implement, or only when you try attaching a specific trailer/implement to a specific tractor?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

don_apple wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:51 pm
Ridley wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:41 am It seems to first occur on hitching a trailer or implement to a tractor.
Does it happen with any tractor and trailer or implement, or only when you try attaching a specific trailer/implement to a specific tractor?
Any tractor with any implement, it seems to start okay until I have hooked something up and then it happens almost all the time with or without anything attached. Also when driving any vehicle, like a harvester for example.