Platinum Expansion, cannot update!?

FarmLordXO

Platinum Expansion, cannot update!?

Post by FarmLordXO »

The Farming Simulator game is acquired on Steam
and the Platinum Expansion was bought through the GIANTS website (Download Only) because I didn't have the opportunity to buy it through Steam, it wasn't available there!?
Now with the latest update, the Platinum Expansion can't be updated in any way and the update link of the DOWNLOADAPLE CONTE part in the game redirects to the GIANTS website so that I can buy the Platinum Expansion again, NOT REALLY!!!???
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Memory: 32509 MB

https://www.twitch.tv/warlordxo
JensChrDK

Re: Platinum Expansion, cannot update!?

Post by JensChrDK »

You have to go here https://www.farming-simulator.com/ and click "Downloads" in the top of the screen - enter the download code you received when purchasing the Platinum Expansion, press "DOWNLOAD" and then choose what you want to download - probably "Farming Simulator 22 - Platinum Expansion (Windows 10/11) v1.3.0.0"
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

JensChrDK wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:17 pm You have to go here https://www.farming-simulator.com/ and click "Downloads" in the top of the screen - enter the download code you received when purchasing the Platinum Expansion, press "DOWNLOAD" and then choose what you want to download - probably "Farming Simulator 22 - Platinum Expansion (Windows 10/11) v1.3.0.0"
Have the same issue. I purchased a code via Gamesplanet and activated the steam key. Its been ok but unable to update via your link as says code invalid, but current version still works.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

kwaka wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 pm I purchased a code via Gamesplanet and activated the steam key.
That means you got it on steam, so it's probably already updated.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:43 pm
kwaka wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 pm I purchased a code via Gamesplanet and activated the steam key.

Unfortunately not. It keeps showing update in the mods section and takes me to a web page to purchase. Will try some other things like re start steam etc. Still available for the original download but wont update in game.
Redd

Post by Redd »

kwaka wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:49 pm
Zero76Gaming wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:43 pm

Unfortunately not. It keeps showing update in the mods section and takes me to a web page to purchase. Will try some other things like re start steam etc. Still available for the original download but wont update in game.
Ignore what it says in the modhub. When you have the game via steam it gets auto updated.This goes for the dlc you have there aswell. Try this. Go to the singleplayer and start an new save. When you get to choose what mods to have active. Look for the platinum. What version does it say it have. If the version is 1.3 it is updated. Some servers still run the old version and you'll be unable to join em before it gets updated on they end.

The modhub have been unstable when it goes for it's dlc and shows if it gets updated or buy even tho it is purchase It have happen to many of the dlc's so far. I have seen many folks say it on the official discord aswell. Where i normally help out with issues.

But in the case it's not updated. Steam version only need to verify the game files and it gets updated.

Remember there is a big difference when it comes to whats on your own client and on a server.
FarmLordXO

Post by FarmLordXO »

i go to https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php

and enter my key

the download starts but not as a mod but as an img version ??
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Memory: 32509 MB

https://www.twitch.tv/warlordxo
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

FarmLordXO wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:30 pm i go to https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php

and enter my key

the download starts but not as a mod but as an img version ??
Just like when you bought it and downloaded it the first time.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

kwaka wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 pm Have the same issue. I purchased a code via Gamesplanet and activated the steam key. Its been ok but unable to update via your link as says code invalid, but current version still works.
So you bought a steam key, from an unauthorized reseller, and try to use said key to download from the Giants store?
Plenty of things wrong with that.
Do you have the game itself on steam?
If not, why buy a steam key? (So I take it for almost certain that you have it on steam)
Steam keys, whether they are from steam, and guaranteed to be working for as long as steam exists, or from an unauthorized reseller, where they key might end up being blocked sometime after purchase (yes, it have happened before), are not a key that works on other platforms than steam.

You can't mix basegame disk/Giants digital download with dlcs from steam or epic.
The other way around works though, so dlcs from Giants store works on steam and epic.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...