Help with stack overflow error on savegame load(HCM 16x Map)

HerMajesty42

Help with stack overflow error on savegame load(HCM 16x Map)

Post by HerMajesty42 »

Hi,

I am not an experienced modder and I am struggling to figure out what went wrong here. No new mods have been added since a couple of saves previous but suddenly when trying to load this morning the game hangs at 95% and checking the log reveals it threw a stack overflow error. I tried googling it but the only issue that sounded similar was with an FS17 player who only had 4gb of ram and my computer has 32gb. I verified that the computer is not running out of ram, FS22 usage topped out at about 4gb and I still had 22gb free when the crash occurs. Disabling all mods has no effect on the problem. The only thing I can think of is its a large map and we have been creating a LOT of bales this harvest season, we were wondering if that might be a potential issue. Anyway we have a ton of time in this savegame and we were really hoping to be able to recover it.
I attached the log file, it wont let me attach the savegame file but I can upload it elsewhere if needed.
log.txt
(167.7 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Thanks in advance for the help,
Elizabeth

Edit: The issue is definitely related to a bale. Replacing items.xml with a blank version allows the game to load.
HerMajesty42

Re: Help with stack overflow error on savegame load(HCM 16x Map)

Post by HerMajesty42 »

This is the items.xml if anybody knows how to figure out what the problem is? I tried deleting half the bales but it still wont load so I am guessing one of these is broken but I am not sure where.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m0_iDk ... sp=sharing