new computer question

allen

new computer question

Post by allen »

i have one comming can i put my save game on a data card and save it then put it into the folder when i get it back downloaded and it work ok? i see there is a savegame and a savegame1 was curious if you did both of them if so? it worked with my mods

Allen
Helazak

Re: new computer question

Post by Helazak »

So I was forced to uninstall and reinstall the game. (MS Onedrive did a number on my hard drive. Had to spend hours fixing it.)
I am a fan of backups so I have multiple copies of my entire My Games folder

Did as suggested and restored the following files
Backup savegame1-20 directories,
game.xml,
gameSettings.xml
inputBindings.xml
mod ZIP's

my farms appear to be in the same state I left them but I am missing all my MOD equipment. only game standard equipment survived.
What am I doing wrong?

Also even with all the mod zip files in place I am still getting messages that some mods are not present. But they are there.

Help
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Eische

Post by Eische »

Not at my gaming PC right now.
But isn't the mod folder location defined in the gamesettings.xml?

Check the file. Most likely it still looks for the old mods folder path which was on the OneDrive location?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

gamesettings.xml is normally found inside C:\Users\owner\My Games\FarmingSimulator22\

But how does C:\Program Files (x86)\FarmingSimulator22\ know to look in C:\Users\owner\My Games\FarmingSimulator22\ because my computer does not have an "owner" directory but uses another name? (Thank you Microsoft that you decided that one for me and won't let me change it)
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I fixed it. I had to do an install of a random mod from inside the game and then search the C drive for where it was saved.
Turns out FS22 chose to create a "OneDrive" folder to put "My Games" in even though I deleted OneDrive and all its folders.

Resistance is futile, OneDrive will assimilate you.

liquidsteel

Post by liquidsteel »

Helazak wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:33 am I fixed it. I had to do an install of a random mod from inside the game and then search the C drive for where it was saved.
Turns out FS22 chose to create a "OneDrive" folder to put "My Games" in even though I deleted OneDrive and all its folders.

Resistance is futile, OneDrive will assimilate you.
mmm i recently had to do a clean install of win 10 and forgot to abort onedrive at first boot, now it seems it is broke , as i cant return this game to the default my docs \my games folder, and only this game as i stated i completley aborted onedrive from registry command line everything reboot everything is fine ,,, untill i launch farm sim 22 then instantly a new c:\users\name\onedrive folder is created and this game is the only game of like 40 installed that insists on using onedrive, ive tried like 20 different ways to stop it no go, any ideas suggestions ?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

So I crashed another laptop. I am on my 4th since Feb. So I am getting a lot of experience reinstalling FS22. One problem I have noticed. I backup my entire \My Games\FarmingSimulator22\ and then copy it to replace the new install version FS22 sets up. However, most of my mods are put in "Update" status instead of "Installed" I have to individually select each one and select update. Then they go into "Pending" status until processed but after being processed many times they go back to "Update" status which is not recognized by the game.

Not sure why this is happening. I end up having to uninstall and reinstall each MOD which is a pain because I am testing over 100 mods.

Any suggestions? (PC version, Direct download[not steam])

Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

When the mod goes through the update then back to update, you need to restart the game then it won't show as update needed, you don't need to restart each mod update you can do as many as you want before the restart and they should be fine.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I go to the INSTALLED page and can see what is installed vs what need update.
Going to the UPDATE page you only see those needing update. I took the first row and individually selected each one, pressed update, and then they will show up on the DOWNLOAD page.
On the DOWNLOAD page you can watched it go to pending, then different % values, back to pending, more % values and eventually back to update status.
Then if you visit the UPDATE page and go back to the DOWNLOAD page you can see they have dropped off.
Quit the game and restart. They are still in UPDATE status on the UPDATE page.

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I never could get the update feature in the game to work. What I ended up doing is create a file with all the website links to the Mods and then one by one download every mod all over again.