[SOLVED] [FS19] G27 Steering Wheel Issues

theclumsygeek

[SOLVED] [FS19] G27 Steering Wheel Issues

Post by theclumsygeek »

I play with a Logitech G27 steering wheel and I noticed the following issues in the early access version of FS19:
  1. G27 is being treated like an xbox(?) controller, and so not all buttons are being recognized (e.g. Button 1 and Button 20 in the diagram above are both assigned as Button 20 in-game).
  2. Buttons 8 and 7 of the steering wheel are recognized as LB and RB, and are "reserved" for tabbing in the main menu. Assigning them to different functions in key bindings does not remove the tabbing assignment. This results in the buttons doing the action you assigned AND switching tabs at the same time. I also don't see any option to change the previous/next tab key binding.
  3. The game hangs upon attaching an implement when you have duplicate key bindings for the same key (e.g. Button 20 assigned to both 'lower header' and 'show minimap' ). See #1 above why this is prone to happen.
  4. FFB global settings from the logitech gaming profile are not applied to the game. The steering wheel remains locked no matter how many times I alt+tab and do other workarounds which used to work for fs17. This results in super hard steering and too strong centering spring effect.
I believe the G27 is one of the most famous steering wheels out there, so I'm expecting a lot of people will encounter the same problems during release.
Thanks to the devs for your hard work and can't wait for FS19 to hit the shelves so I can play with my community. I hope this bug report helps in ironing out the experience for us steering wheel users.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [FS19] G27 Steering Wheel Issues

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi theclumsygeek!

thanks for the headsup - we have improved some stuff coming to you with the Day One patch. Please see if you keep running into these problems still tomorrow after downloading it, thanks ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
theclumsygeek

Re: [SOLVED] [FS19] G27 Steering Wheel Issues

Post by theclumsygeek »

Thank you for the fast response! Looking forward to it!
Flywheel

Post by Flywheel »

Good response, has the patch been activated as yet as i am having the same problems as the first poster, thanks Game looks okay on first half hour so, thanks Peter
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Flywheel, are you playing on version 1.1.0.0? That would be the Day One patch - you can check the main menu for the version number ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Shilka

Post by Shilka »

I am playing on 1.1.0.0 and I'm having the exact same problem as first poster.
My steering wheel buttons get mapped as if they were controller buttons (7 and 8 get recognized as LB and RB etc)
This does not seem to be solved.
Praso

Post by Praso »

I don't see why is this tagged as solved. Same issues after Day1 patch (steam - 1.1.0.0 17801/19830) and much more when it comes to various keybinding problems. Just check local/steam forums.

My example (other than problems listed in OP, which are still broken for me):
Rebinding "attach tool" to my wheel (G27) and pressing it once in game breaks this function completely. Not even default "Q" works after that. The "press Q" hint won't even pop up.

After resetting/deleting inputbindings, the game rebinds everything itself, which is expected, but it does that even to devices I don't have physically connected to my PC anymore, like my thrustmaster joystick.

Deadzone/sensitivity config section is broken too. Axis labelling doesn't make sense to me. It jumps from 1 right to 11,12,13. Changing anything for Axis 11,12,13 resets itself after every game restart. Probably because those are not even listed in inputbinding.xml.

Pretty sure I'm not alone who gave up trying for today.
I hope you can solve this really fast.
theclumsygeek

Post by theclumsygeek »

I can also confirm that unfortunately, the problems are still there even after 1.1.0.0.
I did not notice any fix related to the steering wheel problems I reported above.

If you need a log or some other details please let me know. I'm happy to help out as much as I can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
jturie

Post by jturie »

Agree....my g27 is totally dead. Cleared out all bindings, trying to map keys, and the bindings apply the wrong button number. The G27 is probably the most popular wheel out there. How does this get by testing at Giants??? Game is currently an expensive brick.

Please, if anyone has a solution other than that useless cut-and-paste Giants post to delete the bindings xml file. Very disappointing.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

With G29 and saitek side panel I can map all controls ecxcept for accelerate and brake as it does not recognise when either are pressed. When I start the game it constantly scrolls on the first screen between the various options career,options etc and only stops if I press the accelerator pedal. The set up I have worked flawlessly on 17.
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

Try this

I opened the Logitech control panel, opened FS17 and checked my force feedback was working as intended, tabbed to desktop, opened FS19, checked wheel and it maintained the correct force feedback so i tabbed back to desktop and closed FS17 by just closing the tab and then went back into the FS19 tab and behold, my wheel was working as intended.

God knows why this was marked as solved, it's far from it.
jturie

Post by jturie »

myke20987 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:08 pm Try this

I opened the Logitech control panel, opened FS17 and checked my force feedback was working as intended, tabbed to desktop, opened FS19, checked wheel and it maintained the correct force feedback so i tabbed back to desktop and closed FS17 by just closing the tab and then went back into the FS19 tab and behold, my wheel was working as intended.

God knows why this was marked as solved, it's far from it.
That had no business working....but it did. My buttons are being given the wrong binding numbers, but they now work. Totally weird.
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

Haha yeah the weird world of bug testing. The game also maps all wheels as am Xbox controller so it produces weird button bindings. Atleast now you can use your wheel to get by without the dreaded keyboard steering.
rwm

Post by rwm »

I am also having issues with my G29 and gear shifter, I used to have the side panel but didn't really need all the extra buttons so use the gear shifter for the little things like changing selection, and raise and lower, pickup and activate tools etc: my steering is really heavy and I got around this for 2017 by opening the Logitech game centre, and setting the Centre Spring strength down to about 6, this doesn't seem to work for 2019 version, also the pedals act weird when the game is first started, the vehicle moves backwards on it's own until you press forwards and then backwards, if you only press forwards and let go it then starts to go backwards again, even after saving and closing, you have to do this on every start up, also getting back to the shifter, it will not recognise the shifter at all, and some of the steering wheel bindings go a little weird, as in I choose the Return button on the steering wheel to enter or exit, once in the cab I couldn't get out and even pressing "E" won't allow me to get out of the vehicle, I can TAB between other vehicles but can't get out.

I also have a pc: with i7 and a gtx 1080 strix, found it strange that even though once starting the game, it actually choose "very High" settings, I then adjusted a few settings in the menu for msaa which I set at x8 and Aniso x16, others were set to max only to find that in game I was struggling to get 30 fraps. So decided to play around and had to set msaa to x4 and Aniso x8 and most of the other percentages to around 180% this got the game steady at 60 fraps, but then noticed inside the cab of the NH tx32 the fraps when cutting reduced as low as 30 also, but after closing the game and re loading they decided to maintain at 60 again? is this game to be re optimised as I don't feel the need to reduce the settings as low as they are for the GPU I have, if that is the case I feel very sorry for people with lower ended cards than mine.

There is a few other issues but think its best to hear amongst others to see if these problems are bugs or just download issues.
BadBob

Post by BadBob »

Same issue here with key binding and dead zones om my G27 en extreme 3D joystick.
What I noticed though is that things work and stay saved until I exit the game, than a number of bindings are gone.
When I bind them again, some are binded as "Tool function 1' was remapped to 5" in the lower right corner.
And some are messed up in the second line with the device ID, looking like this: "0_046D-C215-0204-\\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C215#6&20c64a88&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"

when I look in the key bindings file then the steering wheel and the joystick both have the above or simular ID, depending on wich device I look at.
Only binding the keys that don´t give the full ID does not make any difference, it gets even worse by binding keys I never touched.

Though its sort of workable for now by assigning a couple of keys before I start playing, I hope this gets fixed very soon.
Last edited by BadBob on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.