SirLANsalot

Re: [WON'T FIX] [FS19] Shadows glitching

Post by SirLANsalot »

your an .....

Edit by Guil.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I have different issue with the shadows. There is literally line through my whole screen when I am driving vehicle and going near shadows. This line goes like 2 m in front of tractor and redraws all the Shadows. None of the settings(I literally maxed everything) were able to get rid of it. So I guess it's intentional?
Probably only current solution is turning shadows off.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Spartan086

Post by Spartan086 »

x3SGTEx wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm Good lord.... and when you guys were creating this game with that engine you all agreed that this is how shadows should be? Who are you trying to convince? You or yourself.
This says it all, but I'll still say it again; Who on earth are you trying to convince? This looks horrible and makes my eyes hurt. This is an atrocity and there is no excuses for it. If you can handle them, you really shouldn't have added them in the first place.
MarcusSpinner

Post by MarcusSpinner »

I'm not sure but GIANTS is getting bigger with the franchise, but the bugs in the details with game start to be bigger and more worse therefore a more broken game. There lighting engine is just broken at this point and I feel insulted as a customer!

As simulator, what GIANTS needed to have right is at least the enviroment and the vehicles that you will be using. These are the key ingredients for the franchise.
Xbox One
Memran

Post by Memran »

The flickering shadows give me a headache in a very short time. I have to turn them off to play. Very disappointing that they don't even see this as a problem! *thumbsdown*
Cryogenix001

Post by Cryogenix001 »

Same here, raised this as a bug but didn’t realise this was already reported here. Looks awful and makes my head hurt with all the twitching and jolting with the shadows, also find I’m getting considerable eye strain with them behaving in this manner. Have had to turn them off, but now it looks really unrealistic almost like playing fs2013 again.
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

Bought the game but didn't play much because of this. Shadow quality off looks horrible. There is also a shadow like dome effect around the player at all times. Very annoying.
Last edited by farmerthinking on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

I freely admit that the shadows dancing threw me off in the first thirty seconds, because I spotted it on the tall grass I was standing in. It *REALLY* bothered me....for about half an hour.

However, I can honestly say that after I dropped down to real-time (which I normally do except when I have nothing to do) and just played the game, I basically forgot about it and don’t notice it at all. And, after I thought about the mechanics of the dynamic shadows and moving sun/moon in conjunction with hardware and game engine limitations, it mostly makes sense to me why it is as it is in compressed time.

All that in mind, I think the other live shadow effects (some of which are really cool, like the sun casting a shadow of the cab interior through the windows and seeing the steer wheel move) more than make up for it. So, my suggestion (just a suggestion): try playing at 1x time for awhile; you may be surprised!
Spartan086

Post by Spartan086 »

So you are suggesting everyone should play the game in 1x forever to "solve" an issue with the engine? Yes, sure you can do that for some time, and yes, it makes it better (but still not proper "good"), but something that forces you to play on 1x when the game offers other speeds is obviously an ISSUE.

I can also understand this from a hardware point of view, but at least make the calculations fairly consistent so it doesn't flicker like that! I mean, the tractor has "hard" edges and doesn't sway in the wind, yet the calculations appears to throw "randomness" into the shadow at every update causing it to flicker!
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] Shadows glitching

Post by x Lethian x »

We are aware of the issue and will see how we can improve this in the future.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Thanks for changing the status. Looking forward to a fix.
Cryogenix001

Post by Cryogenix001 »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 pm We are aware of the issue and will see how we can improve this in the future.
Many thanks Lethian, this is indeed fantastic news and look forward to seeing what you guys can do to fix this in a future patch.

Thanks again!
DeValiere01

Post by DeValiere01 »

Progress? Huzzah!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Thanks for looking at it again Lethian. :)
Willbobber

Post by Willbobber »

That is a welcome revise of the last answer. It may seem that a lot of people are moaning about little things but this is certainly not a little thing.
Thanks Giants.