[KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

junttieinari

Re: [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by junttieinari »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am This is by design. No issue here ;) Thank you for the feedback though!
Is it also by design that when you go from outside view to inside that only engine sound is lowered, it doesn't affect anything else, as for example ploving noise keeps same level, which is pretty odd.
Nuffield FTW!
Kgbow

Re: [WON'T FIX] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by Kgbow »

I entirely agree with this.

If this is the “finished” state of the sound, You’ve got to be kidding? The sounds are fantastic quality..... but you can’t hear them! Please listen devs.... or at least give us the option. Our last hope is modders!
NOPFarmer

Post by NOPFarmer »

Just made an account to just post that if this is by design it is very bad design. It totally ruins the fun in driving the tractor.
Been playing FS since 2009, never had an issue with the sound and now the interior sound is much to low.
When I am inside the tractor I don't hear anything, when I'm outside close to the tractor I wake up the children, when I'm outside at some distance I also don't hear the tractor. Just a very very bad decision...
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

Guys wait ... Ok the sound maybe on some tractors is too low, but in the new ones in reality the sound is this. Have you ever got into a tractor cab? Going back to FS17 would be a mistake, for years we asked for the realistic indoor sound and now it's no longer good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDMsVxyOZRM
eric21

Post by eric21 »

NOPFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 pm Just made an account to just post that if this is by design it is very bad design. It totally ruins the fun in driving the tractor.
Been playing FS since 2009, never had an issue with the sound and now the interior sound is much to low.
When I am inside the tractor I don't hear anything, when I'm outside close to the tractor I wake up the children, when I'm outside at some distance I also don't hear the tractor. Just a very very bad decision...
I think he means manufactuer design
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

The engine and surface sounds are disappointing as a whole. I mean the engines in 17 sounded way better, more throaty when using full power. That sensation is totally gone now.
At some point in the development there was talk about shifting gear sounds, where are those? Where are the surface sounds, or are they so silent that I can't here them. Overal sound is, well,... not great... *thumbsdown*
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Pict

Post by Pict »

NOPFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 pm Just made an account to just post that if this is by design it is very bad design. It totally ruins the fun in driving the tractor.
LS09God wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:16 pm The engine and surface sounds are disappointing as a whole. I mean the engines in 17 sounded way better, more throaty when using full power. That sensation is totally gone now.
At some point in the development there was talk about shifting gear sounds, where are those? Where are the surface sounds, or are they so silent that I can't here them. Overal sound is, well,... not great... *thumbsdown*
Must agree with both of you, the constant turning the volume up & down to compensate for this "feature" is getting old real fast not just for me, but anyone in earshot of my PC including the cat :)

As LS09God pointed out, it's not just the volume issue either, the whole sounds are a massive backward step from FS17 and I will add that it doesn't stop with the sounds. When I saw the opening garage door in FS17 platinum map I thought great, we can expect this in FS19, but like the great sounds of FS17 that seems to have be thrown in the bin too, like the easy to access save & quit buttons that have now become a game of hide & seek with the clickfest that entails. I don't understand why. It's not in the interests of progress or realism.

Bit of a shame really as there are so many really great new features that have been very successfully implemented, now largely overshadowed by some not so well received decisions.

To end on a positive note, if we had a pair of earmuffs added to the character for those who like a quiet tractor and if the sunglasses would take away that nasty glare it could be fun ;)
NOPFarmer

Post by NOPFarmer »

Mirk93 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:17 pm Guys wait ... Ok the sound maybe on some tractors is too low, but in the new ones in reality the sound is this. Have you ever got into a tractor cab? Going back to FS17 would be a mistake, for years we asked for the realistic indoor sound and now it's no longer good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDMsVxyOZRM
Actually I drove in a few tractors, most the older model Deutz like the AgroStar, but not for the last 15 years. I agree with the realistic indoor sound but this a little bit to low, I play with relatively low volume because I don't live alone, my wife want's to hear the television. When I use the indoor camera I hear almost nothing, if this is by design, I can agree but I like to drive zoomed out so I can actually enjoy viewing my tractor with all the implements attached but I can't actually hear them. I never thougt about it this actually isn't really realistic but it never was a problem, at least for me but now I constantly have the urge to change volumes because something feels not quite right.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We are working on adjusting it a little bit ;) Can't say when the adjustments are ready though..
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:12 pm We are working on adjusting it a little bit ;) Can't say when the adjustments are ready though..
Why not give us the option to adjust it in game?
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
W1der

Post by W1der »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:12 pm We are working on adjusting it a little bit ;) Can't say when the adjustments are ready though..
I told you so ... :wink:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OneAmongOthers

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Believe it or not, but most cabs and passenger compartments are very quiet and isolated from outside noise. Its so they can work more efficiently
Pict

Post by Pict »

NOPFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:10 pm...I like to drive zoomed out so I can actually enjoy viewing my tractor with all the implements attached but I can't actually hear them.
As a temporary fix for the engine sounds while in outside view (no time to fiddle with the rest) you can try the following;

Go into this folder X:\Farming Simulator 2019\data\sounds and open this file soundTemplates.xml in a text editor like https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ or notepad and find this line, line 426 in Notepad ++

<template name="DEFAULT_MOTOR" innerRadius="10.0" outerRadius="80.0" >

Change the innerRadius value to "40.0" then save. Line should look like this;

<template name="DEFAULT_MOTOR" innerRadius="40.0" outerRadius="80.0" >

NB

1.I use a PC so have no idea how to do this on another platform or if indeed it is even possible
2.Not multiplayer compatible.
3.Make a backup of your file. It will be overwritten with the up coming patch anyhow, but a back up is always a wise move.

While tweaking this it would appear that the distance the player is from a vehicle is linked to the zoom in relation to sound volume. This I think is all wrong.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Interesting how this suddenly changed from [WONT FIX] TO [KNOWN ISSUE]... just saying... :hmm:
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Easy, go read Lisertan's pinned message about bug reports and Lethians latest post in here...
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<