[KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

AndOnTheDrums

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Just jumping in to say this is still an issue on PS4. I know these fixes aren’t done overnight, but it’s still a wanted adjustment.

Thanks!
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

So this is still shown as a known issue. The engine sounds were change a bit in the 1.2 update. Will we see further improvements in upcoming patches?
Koulikkov

Post by Koulikkov »

Im new on this forum but been playing for a while . Anyway let go deep in the sound in cab im working in the tractor industry and never heard a tractor as quiet as it is in fs19 i mean there no rumble of bass a jd 6r is quiet irl but you still have the low frequency from the engine in fs17 was loud from the cab i knew that but at least with a good sound system you could feel the bass from the engine that my thought on that ... And hoping giant is gonna listen to the community :hi:
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

MikeF23 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 am Just a thing I’ve noticed, the tractors I’ve driven have been insanely quiet compared to 17, is anyone else finding this?
On modern tractors/combines you can barely hear the engine or machine when sitting in the cab - as long as the windows are closed. They're supposed to be like that and in previous games the interior sounds have been way too loud. I dare say that on some of the tractors the engine sound is still too loud. It is incredibly tiring and unhealthy to sit in a noisy cab all day long, which is why manufacturers are working hard to eliminate excess noise. The game still doesn't properly reflect that, but there is no machine in this game that I find is in anyway too quiet. Only issues with the sound I've found is that the engines run at idle at all times, or with many of the tractors in high idle while stopped and the PTO not in use.
Koulikkov wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 am Im new on this forum but been playing for a while . Anyway let go deep in the sound in cab im working in the tractor industry and never heard a tractor as quiet as it is in fs19 i mean there no rumble of bass a jd 6r is quiet irl but you still have the low frequency from the engine in fs17 was loud from the cab i knew that but at least with a good sound system you could feel the bass from the engine that my thought on that ... And hoping giant is gonna listen to the community :hi:
The game only plays very basic engine sounds. It's always been like that. There's a lot of squeaking, rumbling, the fizz from the seat suspension, squeaking plastic, proper hydraulic sounds (hydraulics go pssssst, not weeeee), and a bunch of other sounds that are either non-existent or just wrong. But either way I still find first person driving unplayable - the camera is still too far back and too high up, so you cannot see a bloody thing in front of the machines.