[KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Roeloz

Re: [SOLVED] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by Roeloz »

This is not solved. People want to hear the tractor while zoomed out or in cab. It is part of the experience. Please change it back to how it was on fs17 or give people the option in the settings.
sankdog

Post by sankdog »

This is a flawed design if intentional. The sound is exactly the same in the cabin as it is from 20ft away.

It seems silly that to experience the nice sounds of the machinery we need to have the camera zoomed right up on the vehicle, which means that NOTHING AROUND THE VEHICLE can be seen. There is a point where meticulous realism has to bend a little to creative licence, and this is one of those times. FS17 was better from this standpoint.

Edit: I've not stood beside a combine doing its thing, but I'd also wager you'd still hear it just as well from several yards away :wink3: . Please change this GIANTS, its something that detracts pretty heavily from the game given how often machinery will be working.
W1der

Re: [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by W1der »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am This is by design. No issue here ;) Thank you for the feedback though!
So ... how about changing the status from "SOLVED" to "READ" ? ... :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

I dont know what you guys talking about, the sound in cab is realistic and quite as it should like in real life... So it is design choice and i love it, its more realistic compared to other farming series. Sound volume is not same in 10m - 30m from vehicle or if you are in cabin.
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
W1der

Post by W1der »

It´s not really the in cabin sound in itself that is the disturbing thing ... it´s the big difference of sound volume when you are using the outside camera.

I do not mind it being slightly lower from a greater distance ... it´s the fact that it is almost muted / the contrast is to big.
To be honest ... I am still inside the cabin ... and if it should be realistic ... I should still here the in cabin sound no matter where the outside camera is ... :this:

I use the in cabin view a lot when playing ... and I like to be able to hear the tractor working so I turn the volume up.
As I do not have head tracking I have to switch to the outside camera for some tasks.
If the camera is positioned close to the vehicle the sound goes really loud ... and when I zoom out the sound almost completely disappears!
This is the issue!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Not on my side, im very fine with it... I love the change. Im playing with G27 so no track ir too. And i adjusted FOV for better visibillity in cab.
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We did forward this to our audio team and they are hearing you, don't worry. I will put this issue on a Won't Fix for now - as we won't be able to further configure this currently. But we will definitely keep working on this in the future ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
The_undertaker

Re: [WON'T FIX] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by The_undertaker »

They Must of Removed his post Witch im glad for
Last edited by The_undertaker on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Making abusive language and threatening behaviour should be a caution from the authorties
sankdog

Post by sankdog »

What happened?
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm We did forward this to our audio team and they are hearing you, don't worry. I will put this issue on a Won't Fix for now - as we won't be able to further configure this currently. But we will definitely keep working on this in the future ;)
Thank you for the update. :mrgreen:
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
Tripp_

Post by Tripp_ »

Would just like to say that these two sound issues really take away from the enjoyment of the game for me. I pretty much never get to here the vehicles cause I like to play zoomed out. I don't think that's fair.
Thank you for your timely communication though.

Edit: also have you seen the number of replies for this topic. It's definitely effecting many people's enjoyment of the game. Thanks again.
svkb

Post by svkb »

My biggest issue with the sound is that the rpm's fluctuate I can set cruise at 8 mph for example and if I'm going down a grade the engine is idling as if I had the clutch disengaged, but then going up a hill it revs up to 2100 rpm. This is not realistic, the rpms should remain constant. Also, in my opinion the engine sound goes from idle to full speed. Somebody in a different post called it too flat which I think describes it well.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm We did forward this to our audio team and they are hearing you, don't worry. I will put this issue on a Won't Fix for now - as we won't be able to further configure this currently. But we will definitely keep working on this in the future ;)
It would be awesome if the solution included an option to adjust the level of "muting" per distance, from no mute to current level of mute. And an option if the player wants muted interior sound or not and perhaps a level of that as well.
Most games have Sound Options next to Video/Graphics Options. I think it belongs there.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

Very weird, some vehicles are whisper quiet while in cab view even on 100%. Very noticeably with trucks even.