[SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

livesea72

Re: [WON'T FIX] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by livesea72 »

Maybe contact Great Plains themselves and explain the issue. Maybe they oked the change themselves.Maybe if they get enough complaints they will talk to Giants directly. After all its thier product in game and im sure Giants had permission to change it. Would everyone still be mad if there was a Great Plains DLC with several pieces of equipment including large planters?
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

I just want a large planter back :) doesn’t really matter to me what brand or if it is part of DLC. I would prefer to have the Great Plains “planter” considered a “planter” as it should be instead of waiting months for a DLC.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

It's another one of those mysterious Giant's brainwaves. Wonder what's coming next.
G'day
absolute phoenix

Post by absolute phoenix »

This is old. Giants said they won’t fix it. So you can fix it yourself with an xml edit or if you really have that big of an issue then go make your own gaming simulator and make it exactly the way you want. But you can’t go telling a company that they have to change something that they have already told you isn’t a bug and that they won’t fix it. You badgering them is only going to solidify that stance. I’m tired of seeing this when I’m looking through to see what REAL bugs have been posted. Let this thread die. Or better yet can someone lock this thread please.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

1. Console users can't fix it

2. If a Simulator does not remotely depict a piece of equipment to how it is in real life, is it really a simulator?

3. If you don't like it then stop f*** looking at the thread!

4. Yes badgering does work, and has worked. When everyone badgered about an S series combine, they got it.

5. Have a nice day :)
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Phoenix, actually we can keep discussing it even if Giants said they won’t fix it. It would be one thing if we were requesting it to do something that was not it primary purpose in real life. Arguments here are valid and backed up by Great Plains product specs. Myself and many others enjoy the game on consoles and we can’t just edit the equipment to our pleasing. So I would request you do as I do with all the computer third company controller bug threads that are meaningless to me... I skip them and allow people to voice their issues.
PunkinFmr

Post by PunkinFmr »

absolute phoenix wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:03 pm This is old. Giants said they won’t fix it. So you can fix it yourself with an xml edit or if you really have that big of an issue then go make your own gaming simulator and make it exactly the way you want. But you can’t go telling a company that they have to change something that they have already told you isn’t a bug and that they won’t fix it. You badgering them is only going to solidify that stance. I’m tired of seeing this when I’m looking through to see what REAL bugs have been posted. Let this thread die. Or better yet can someone lock this thread please.
When a company solidifies a stance against the majority of their customers... that’s when companies go under. The best companies listen to their customers and give them what is REASONABLY asked. I only started playing on FS13, so I’m not the longest fan, but not the newest either. Giants has come a long way because they have listened to what we, as customers, want. One item probably won’t spoil the game for most, but unwillingness to listen, coupled with the large scale issues with release, could cause the empire to topple. Only time will tell, I suppose.
The Sim Station

Post by The Sim Station »

So, I just now had a chance to check back on this thread.

So Giants comes back and says they have two categories:
1. seeders
2. planters

The Great Plains website has several categories for equipment including:
1. Drills
2. Planters

I'm at a loss of what to conclude here other than to Giants [WON'T FIX] must equal [IGNORANT] or maybe at the minimum [STUBBORN].

EDIT: In my haste, I forgot to say that the YP-2425A is obviously in the planter category on the Great Plains website.
farmerthinking

Re: Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by farmerthinking »

Jam4430 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 am This irritates me most out of all the bugs. Gp planter was the only reason I bought the bb dlc for fs17 as there is never a large planter in the base game. Was very exited to see it included in fs19 and so very very pi**** when I see it can't plant corn!!!! The quality of fs seems to decline with each release which make me skeptical about purchasing any future fs products.
Same here, bought the FS17 BB DLC for it but was disappointed because of how hard it was to maneuver (hitch height not correctly implemented for it). Was happy it was kept for FS19 but then the surprise, it's listed as a seeder and not a planter. What is the thought process for this decision Giants? I think this release will be my final one.
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

This is total bull#%!@ With the biggest b
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Recently bought an XBox One to play RDR2 as id doesn't look like it will ever come to the PC. Kicking back on the couch and playing an hour or two of FS seems kind of neat so I was considering picking up a copy of FS19 for the XBox even though I already have it on PC. I think I could manage the more restricted selection of mods available to the console, not sure I could handle not being able to correct Giants being lack of regard for user feedback.
#corn matters
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 am
x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am Hi guys,

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
Except it isn't. No one plants fricking wheat/barley/canola and grain in 20/30" rows. You need to fact check. Just look on GP website.

https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters

Says right on the page it is a PLANTER.

Model Numbers
YP2425, YP2425A

Product Description
60' Bulk Yield-Pro® Planters
Great Plains proudly introduced the industry’s first 60' planter with the ability to plant 15" and twin-row 30" (20" and 30" spacing are also available). The YP-2425A features a floating-hitch design that provides the flexibility to meet challenging terrain. Yet, the 60' Yield-Pro® model easily folds to a transport width of only 15' 3". The telescoping tongue retracts in field position for short headlands and outstanding maneuverability.

The Great Plains YP-2425A Planter is equipped with two 82-bushel poly hoppers. With its 164 bu. capacity, it can easily plant up to 160 acres of soybeans or 250 acres of corn in one fill. This increases efficiency by approximately 52% in soybeans and 12.8% in corn when compared to a planter with individual hoppers. Like all Yield-Pro® Planters, the YP-2425A uses air to gently move seed from the bulk hopper to the individual Air-Pro® meters mounted on field-proven 25 Series openers.

The YP-2425A row units can be equipped with a wide range of attachments, including coulters and row cleaners. Any way it’s equipped, the YP-2425A Yield-Pro® is designed to increase productivity and improve yields.
you should do some fact checking yourself.

20" twin row equals 10" row spacing when run unsynchronised.

Giants have just been a bit lazy in changing the planter heads to depict 20" twin row unsynchronised by adding more heads to adjust the spacing to that of wheat/barley/canola/etc/etc on 10" (effective) row increments, instead they are depicting 30" twin row synchronised more commonly used with corn/maize that sit on 30" row.

when twin row are unsynchronised, each planter-head plants at its own rate and is in essence planting its own row at the given seed spacing.
when twin row are synchronised, the pair of planter-head alternate in seed placement, so you get more seeds placed per liner meter while still maintaining the required distance between seeds of larger plants like corn/maize/sunflower, as the diagonal distance between seeds functionally maintains seed separation

twin row unsynchronised seed placement looks like (pair of planter-heads)

Code: Select all

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
twin row synchronised seed placement looks like (pair of planter-heads)

. ' . ' . ' . ' . ' . ' . ' . '
20" twin row unsynchronised (adjacent pairs of planter-heads)

30" twin row synchronised (adjacent pairs of planter-heads)

==

for everyone else saying "Great Plains call it a planter" etc, that is not a argument per se, Giants are using "Planter" and "Seeder" to differentiate what is commonly used to plant specific crop types, but NOT everything will fit in that simple distinction, for instance there are old seeders that are capable of planting seeds you would normally use a planter for, just as there are planters you can use for seed you would normally use a seeder for, so will sit in a different category using giants simplified categories (3d modal discrepancies accepted), so if we assume its a YP-2425A on 20" twin row to give 10" uniform spacing via unsynchronised planting you have a planter that is working as per a seeder in essence of giants categorisation.

its like arguing the distinction between a spade and a shovel, when there are shovel that have more in common with some types of spade, and spades that have more in common with some types of shovel, yet most spades are capable of shovelling, and most shovels capable of digging, so if Giants were to have spade and a shovel categories you may find some spades may end up in the Giants shovel category because of some simplification that makes that spade behave like a shovel ergo end up in the shovel category.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
Then it's in the wrong section, it's mainly used to plant stuff like corn. If you're going to get rid of real life abilities, why get rid of the row crops for a row crop planter??? :confusednew: :?:
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Ox91 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Then it's in the wrong section, it's mainly used to plant stuff like corn. If you're going to get rid of real life abilities, why get rid of the row crops for a row crop planter??? :confusednew: :?:
if its a 20" twin row spec (10" effective) YP-2425A, then its mainly used to plant canola, wheat, barley etc, as corn is not planted in 10" effective rows.

corn is mostly planted with 30" single row and 30" twin row, and occasionally 20" single row.

sure the 3d modal may depict a ~30" twin row, but 99.99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference to 20" twin row spec (10" effective), which is why no one has used that argument.

or to put it another way, you DONT buy a 20" twin row spec (10" effective) YP-2425A to plant maze, you buy it to plant other crops that have a much greater seed density per square meter of planted ground like canola, wheat, barley etc.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
The Sim Station

Post by The Sim Station »

Oh sure but I just figured Giants doesn't understand row crops, I mean they have a 20" row corn head on the JD combine to harvest what is 30" rows in the game?

The planter is clearly most often being sold as a row crop planter. That is the only configuration I've seen across the midwest IRL, Great Plains puts it their planter category in their store, and the language they use in their store to try and sell you on a corn/soybean planter, NOT cereal crops.

This is about what the planter was originally designed to do and how it is mostly used IRL, not all the different possible configurations. Most of us here are frustrated because this is the only plausible planter to run on a north american farm if we want to feel immersed in the slightest. I mean seriously, Giants would go get the Great Plains licence to make another large seeder? I mean the thing is even advertised with the subtitle as a "24 row planter!"