[SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

theSeb

Re: [WON'T FIX] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by theSeb »

I know this won't help the console players, but if you are on the pc, then you can make the changes yourself. Get a decent text editor, such as visual studio code

default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\vehicles\greatPlains\yp2425A

file yp2425A.xml

Change seedFruitTypeCategories line into
<seedFruitTypeCategories>planter</seedFruitTypeCategories>

For completeness you can also change this at the top from seeders to
<category>planters</category> which will put it into the right place in the shop

You can even do this if you don't care about "realism"

<seedFruitTypeCategories>planter sowingMachine</seedFruitTypeCategories>

And now it will sow everything

IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Well let’s keep at till they reconsider, this is the dumbest thing and my biggest gripe with the game right now. I enjoy corn and sunflowers and was looking forward to trying cotton but not interested without a large planter. We already have plenty of large seeders as others have mentioned already.

I work in product development and planning and the worst thing you can do to your customer base is release a feature to then take it away... what do we do when that rarely happens, we “man up” own our oversight and bring the feature back.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I think so too. We saw last summer when they said there would not be an S series combine. Enough people uprised and complained and they decided to add one. I will keep pursuing this till Giants fixes this or a mod of one is released.
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

For this to be one of the biggest complaints across then net and for them to flat out not fix it must mean there trying to force sales of an upcomming dlc that will include big kinze or deer planters. Still pi****me off as this was one of my favorites in fs17 and now it's useless. Why even include it when there's already numerous large seeders if your not going to correctly classify it as a planter?
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

It would be nice if some people that worked for them understood American equipment. Yes it can plant all that stuff but it is used mostly for corn quite a few farmers use it for soybeans with good results and even a few use it for wheat. However every great Plains Twin row planter primary crop is corn. Any quick search will show that's the primary use
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Is there any reason they couldn't copy it and move it to the planter section? So it has the seeder option and the planter option
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Jam4430 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 pm For this to be one of the biggest complaints across then net and for them to flat out not fix it must mean there trying to force sales of an upcomming dlc that will include big kinze or deer planters. Still pi****me off as this was one of my favorites in fs17 and now it's useless. Why even include it when there's already numerous large seeders if your not going to correctly classify it as a planter?
You gotta wonder if that's the case. And if it's not you have to seriously ask yourself what the fu** they are thinking....
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Well, atleast they fixed the hitch on this thing. Even surprised to see you can choose!.
Too bad that I can´t enjoy it now, as it would have an only need as being a planter. There are nicer seeders to go around for. No nicer planters though...

Perhaps we have to wait for a nice JD planter with 36/54 rows or something. Noboday will talk about the Great Plains then I guess....
Could it be John Deere forced the Great Plains to be a seeder, so they can have the biggest planter in the future? haha.
PS4 player
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

If there not trying to force sales of a future dlc then I don't know what excuse they could possibly have. Out of spite towards the complainers I guess. I often wonder wtf are they thinking.
fenixguy

Re: Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by fenixguy »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am Hi guys,
This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
Thanks for clearing that up. You should tell Great Plains that because they have it listed incorrectly on their website. :hi:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Hahaha ^ I love the sarcasm
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
Except it isn't. No one plants fricking wheat/barley/canola and grain in 20/30" rows. You need to fact check. Just look on GP website.

https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters

Says right on the page it is a PLANTER.

Model Numbers
YP2425, YP2425A

Product Description
60' Bulk Yield-Pro® Planters
Great Plains proudly introduced the industry’s first 60' planter with the ability to plant 15" and twin-row 30" (20" and 30" spacing are also available). The YP-2425A features a floating-hitch design that provides the flexibility to meet challenging terrain. Yet, the 60' Yield-Pro® model easily folds to a transport width of only 15' 3". The telescoping tongue retracts in field position for short headlands and outstanding maneuverability.

The Great Plains YP-2425A Planter is equipped with two 82-bushel poly hoppers. With its 164 bu. capacity, it can easily plant up to 160 acres of soybeans or 250 acres of corn in one fill. This increases efficiency by approximately 52% in soybeans and 12.8% in corn when compared to a planter with individual hoppers. Like all Yield-Pro® Planters, the YP-2425A uses air to gently move seed from the bulk hopper to the individual Air-Pro® meters mounted on field-proven 25 Series openers.

The YP-2425A row units can be equipped with a wide range of attachments, including coulters and row cleaners. Any way it’s equipped, the YP-2425A Yield-Pro® is designed to increase productivity and improve yields.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

This is a planter IRL and should be IN GAME!!! Yes it can be converted to a seeder but is very expensive to do. Maybe the confusion for Giants is in the fact that it is used to plant soybeans and canola IRL as well... Now I can not say as to how it is done in Europe, but in North America these crops are planted like row crops, usually on 20 inch spacing.
This is truly the first time that I can honestly say someone at Giants has thier head up.... Well y'all get the idea.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
Then you are wrong ! At least please read the manufacturer's description before you make a design choice !

"it can easily plant up to 160 acres of soybeans or 250 acres of corn in one fill"
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Bump!