Unable to unload partial cotton bale from Case harvester

w900snowman

Unable to unload partial cotton bale from Case harvester

Post by w900snowman »

-PC
-Vehicle, I think
-I took a contract to harvest the cotton on field 24 in Ravenport, and it only produced a very small amount of cotton. I am now unable to unload the cotton harvester, and also unable to complete the mission.
-Single Player
-Standard maps, with only mods installed form Giants Modhub.
- Log should be attached.
log.txt
(33.98 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Thank you!
Quizzie

Re: Unable to unload partial cotton bale from Case harvester

Post by Quizzie »

I have the exact same issue, contract on field 24 ravenport, no way of emptying the Case cotton harvester of the little amount of cotton it holds to complete the contract.

Edited: still an issue - PC - multiplayer with 1 person
doesn't give a key to empty the Cotton Harvester
I have B turn on/turn off
H hire worker
V lower/raise
If I hire worker it folds up the harvester giving X unfold harvester for an option

No "i" option is available to empty.

Cancelled job yesterday in the end, available today thought it might work this time.... all cotton harvested on field 24 (none missed)- amount in harvester is 1782 which it was yesterday as well
Last edited by Quizzie on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

I had the same issuse. I had missed some cotton on the field. Once I harvested all the spots I missed, I was able to unload the partial bale
Keldin

Post by Keldin »

Same issue here, Field 14 on Ravenport. I got just shy of 1 and half bale. Unable to continue the mission (1800L left in harvester)
Platform=PC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

On pc the Y button should unload cotton bales that aren't 100%
Everyone 100% sure they've tried that?
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Alf13

Post by Alf13 »

Hello. I've got the same issue.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Vehicle
- Issue: Case IH module xpress won't unload unfinished bale
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: (see below)
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Std map, no mods

I started a harvesting contract on Ravenport map, field 24. The field is now harvested and the amount in the harvester is 1782 liters.
There is no option to unload the harvester. Saved few times and rebooted with no effect.
Perkele
Quizzie

Post by Quizzie »

After some investigating etc... The "Y" option to unload bales only appears when you have reached 2000 on the harvester, for field 24 you only get 1782 so contract can't be completed as Y does not appear, unless you have your own harvester with some cotton in it to push it past that 2000. I ended up buying my own harvester, did field 24 contract, cancelled it with 1782 left sitting in my harvester, went off did cotton contract on field 4, had about 600 left in harvester when done, took field 24 contact again when it appeared and was able to finish it as had over the 2000.
Farmsimhobby

Post by Farmsimhobby »

Yep had same problem with field 24. Thanks for posting Quizzie
Farmsimhobby.com
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Same problem here. I wasn't doing a contract mission, I owned field 24 and was unable to unload the partial bale.

Add: According to the vehicle's xml file, it should be able to unload partial bales. I remember being able to prior to one of the more recent patches, but even rolling the game back to version 1.1.0 didn't help.

Edit: You do need at least 2,000 liters in the harvester to unload the partial bale. If you can't finish a mission because of this, the only fix is to save your game and edit the vehicle.xml file in your selected save game folder using Notepad or other text editor which won't change the file type. Look for the entry for the Case IH Module Express harvester. There should be listing under it indicating "fill type: cotton" and the amount currently saved in the harvester. Change the value to at least 2000.0000 and save the file. Now re-load you saved game. You should now have enough cotton in the harvester to empty it.