[READ] Logs sticking to Stoll log fork

buddy rowe

[READ] Logs sticking to Stoll log fork

Post by buddy rowe »

log.txt
(35.17 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
-When using the Stoll log fork on the John Deere 643R front loader attachment, all species of logs have issues of getting stuck to the log fork itself, with the log fork open or closed. When driving up to a cut tree on the ground, with forks open, sometimes it will stick before even closing the log fork arm. Then sometimes when unloading a log into the log trailer, it will stay stuck to the log fork and not come off. When driving up to a log with forks open, lowering the fork down around the log, there is a clear gap around the log that the forks are hitting. If you go to close the fork, it wont close or do anything at all because it is stuck on this invisible object around the tree. Here is image of log stuck, with forks fully open.

Here is another shot of a stuck tree, note how the log fork arm is bent backwards,
CattleMan

Re: Logs sticking to Stoll log fork

Post by CattleMan »

I jave had the exact same issue on xbox one... Logging is a real PITA on FS19... Will forgo logging until this is fixed.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
O_R_R_E

Post by O_R_R_E »

I have the same problem using the "Stoll frontloader" with the "Stoll log fork".
Singel and Multiplayer on PC.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Same on ps4
tewe13

Post by tewe13 »

I've got the problem on Xbox as well.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

All log forks are messed up at the moment. Either with no enough grip strength making them constantly drop logs or logs getting stuck. I tried making a post about it earlier, but it just got buried without a single response.
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

I posted one too. As long as they see at least one of them, I guess that's the important thing.
Playing on PS4
BoostedG35

Post by BoostedG35 »

ive tried using the wheel loader and the big log fork and it doesn't even want to grab 1 log, back in fs17 i was grabbing a full tree cut into 4 separate pieces. its almost like there is a hidden box either on the log forks themselves or the trees.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Happen to me as well. I don't know what they changed in FS19 relating to the forestry but they totally broke it.

Can't even take a log with the Front Loader fork...

There's so much "plus value" of forestry with "start from scratch" but we can't because it is totally broken.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Ramdor

Post by Ramdor »

logging work is a complete pita with fs19 as it is now (xbox one). Have been using the JCB wheel loader and log fork. That thing has its own idea of physics. Logs just stuck to it, floating in air, the log clamp has like zero power and can manage to turn itself inside out. Why oh why the fork pushes logs along instead of going under the log.... so annoying. More nasty annoying as hell bugs than anything ive played in recent years.
danjs84

Post by danjs84 »

Im on Xbox and the top/middle fork is like rubber sometimes and turns back to front . After planting 500 trees waiting for them to grow and having this issue is a pain . And the terrible trees that they added
Xbox one *thumbsup*
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Bump. This need to be fixed in the upcoming patches.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Bump - this need to be fixed in 1.2.0
absolute phoenix

Post by absolute phoenix »

I have had the same issue on my dedicated server. The fix is by moving the tooth a little and it will fall out. If it’s stuck in the log like the second image then pull the tooth all the way in then push it out a little and the log should fall out. I’ve gotten used to it and it doesn’t really bother me anymore but I would still like this to be fixed.
Kepe

Post by Kepe »

Same issues here.
With the big New Holland wheel loader and log attachment, you can only grab one log at a time by pinching it between the ends of the bottom "fork" and the moving clamp part. And sometimes the log slips out, still. Trying to get more than one log is pointless, they will all start falling out from the sides immediately. Or they will start shaking violently on their own, making the entire wheel loader jump around on the ground.

Logs feel like they have zero friction when you're using any implements to handle them.

Once you have a fully loaded trailer and tie the load with the straps, the logs still have some weird physics going on that sometimes cause the trailer to randomly fall over when you're driving in a straight line. And sometimes the trailer falls over to the left, when you're making a slight left turn. How is that possible?

Log physics are very broken at the moment. Please fix it!

Also, the MAN log truck has bad physics. When you rotate the loading arm to the side, extend it a bit and then move it up and down, the entire truck jumps around. With the support legs lowered.

In FS19, logging feels like an afterthought that was rushed into the game at the last minute with no testing of how anything works.
I don't understand how things have gotten worse from FS15, in which logging was a lot better, at least from the physics stand point.