Skid loader and stump grinder

jojoja

Skid loader and stump grinder

Post by jojoja »

Hello,
I'm having issues with the skid loader and stump grinder. When you start the stump grinder , the skid loader take a lot of time to move forward or backward.
When you turn off the stump grinder it goes back to normal.
Mysticalmaid

Re: Skid loader and stump grinder

Post by Mysticalmaid »

You may need a bigger tractor, the stump grinder is a heavy piece of equipment.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I'd say this is normal, using the stump grinder made for the skidsteers needs power, this is taken away from the power you have to drive around, so it's all slower.
This happens with every vehicle with an implement attached that can be turned on.

it's NOT a bug.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Slower yes, delayed no.

Skidsteers work on hydro-static drives. How Giants are simulating them is extremely flawed.

The engine runs a pump that puts out X flow at Y pressure.
Less engine revs equals slower hydraulics (due to less flow) and will reach it's limit of working capacity sooner (due to less pressure).

That's why you start the engine and push the hand throttle to full (in real life at least).
Then I can move my controls to full forward and full reward and have INSTANT results (which tends to be changing direction so fast you lift the wheels off the ground and risk rolling the machine over).

Giants are simulating this more like a conventional drive-train where wheel speed is related to engine revs and a heavy strain on the engine from a PTO slows the responsiveness of the engine.

If the skidsteers in game were simulated anything like a real machine, when being overworked by an attachment, the responsiveness should remain the same, with a lower max speed.
jojoja

Post by jojoja »

OK. Thank you all for your fast and informative answers. I guess I will sell this machine then.
jojoja

Post by jojoja »

Yep it is a bug. I've check FS 17 and the skid steer loader is very drivable. In FS 19 when you use the stump grinder , it goes very slowly for a couple of seconds with the throttle all the way down and then it accelarate.
So the one in FS 17 is normal and the other is like a turtle.