Bug causing animals to disappear

pendlezz

Bug causing animals to disappear

Post by pendlezz »

It appears that in Multiplayer, any time you do a soft server reset, on dedicated servers, all the animals on the map disappear. I have only had sheep and horses, so not sure about others but i am sure it is the same.

The pet menu says that you dont own any pets, however my sheep were continuing to produce wool, even though they werent there. Not sure if they are just invisible and the menu is messed up, or if they are not there and the set amount of produce you get every day is messed up.

I would take a look into it though. I tried several times and it was the same every time. Always disappear on server reset.

thanks
SirPCV

Re: Bug causing animals to disappear

Post by SirPCV »

same here :(
haverdaden

Post by haverdaden »

Can confirm. All animals are gone after a dedicated server restart.
iorlas

Post by iorlas »

Same for me... really frustrating.
iorlas

Post by iorlas »

Seems the login and re-log work around doesn't work anymore,can't see animals at all now.
Duckzor

Post by Duckzor »

Same problem here... XML has the sheep listed but not displayed, and menu states that the assigned player to that Farm as Manager has no animal pens yet.

The amount of problems is getting ridiculous!
FS19 State of the Game - [youtube]https://youtu.be/NdkvMZpJX0o[/youtube]
Evinroe

Post by Evinroe »

I have the same problem, now short $60k because of repurchasing. Will stop playing multiplayer until this is resolved. Nothing like wasting money on a dedicated server when you can't even play properly.
iorlas

Post by iorlas »

Any news on a fix?waste of time trying to play right now.
Duckzor

Post by Duckzor »

I actually had it randomly come back after multiple restarts and for non-related issues.

I think the time it came back was after I had dled the savegame and made edits to money and vehicles, and then reuploaded... then on restart and entering the server the sheep were back...

This may have been coincidental
W1der

Post by W1der »

I see most animal related stuff needs some time to update before showing correct values.

Do the animals stay "gone" even if you wait a while?
There is probably a parameter missing in the "update thingy" that causes the animals not to show ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Duckzor

Post by Duckzor »

It has nothing to do with an update cycle... they are listed in the files they just aren't visible and insofar as the game mechanic is concerned there are no animals there.

Restarting / Reseting the server has no impact, however after about 20 odd different restarts after one they did return...
iorlas

Post by iorlas »

Unashamed bump... a reply even Giants?
iorlas

Post by iorlas »

Hello Giants... bump.
Buffzila

Post by Buffzila »

i see problem with this yesterday evening, restart of server is ok, but this morgin again, and multiple reset of server have no work :(

i have on my dedi server sheeps and chickens now gone all ..
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Today was the third time I lost all my animals due to a dedicated server update on Verygames, same issue as the above.
This is getting old reeeeal fast, this is one of those game breaking bugs that tempts me to leave FS alltogether and claim a refund, this is NOT what Giants claimed to be selling in which I bought !
And their lack of responce on this thread indicates very little interest in fixing it.