[FS19] Silage cover at BioGas plant cant be fully removed.

Ossiwozzy

[FS19] Silage cover at BioGas plant cant be fully removed.

Post by Ossiwozzy »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1:

PC

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:

Model/Object?

- Issue:

We are on Ravenport and have bought the Biogas plant there.
We are experiencing the following problem:
I'll start at the beginning.
So we decided to use chaff and ferment it into silage, we filled the bunker with about 330000L of chaff.
We compacted it and pulled to cover over it.
Then we waited for the fermentation process to complete.
Once this was done, we tried to pull off the cover, and we only managed to pull a small part off.
There is still about 275000L of silage in the bunker still covered, and we cant remove it.
Looking for a fix for this problem. Please Fix this as it's pretty much gamebreaking.
Regarding Mods we are only using the ones available in the ingame mod browser. basically some extra equipment but we havn't used any of it.

- Single- or Multiplayer:

Multiplayer (not Dedicated), also happening on the same save in singleplayer

- Steps to reproduce: //

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no : Yes we have removed all mods and the problem still persists in multiplayer and in singleplayer

i have tried to attach our save game file but apparantly it's too big, if this could help with resolving the problem please let me know where to send you this file.

With regards,
Ossiwozzy
Ramdor

Re: [FS19] Silage cover at BioGas plant cant be fully removed.

Post by Ramdor »

We had this happen on the xbox version. We pulled the front part off then used a loading wagon to pick up the silage, it did not cause more of the white wrap to be removed. We had to dump some silage close to the start of the white wrap, and then dig with a regular front end loader to remove more wrap.
Ossiwozzy

Post by Ossiwozzy »

Yeah we used a loading wagon aswell to pickup the silage, so that might be the cause for this to bug out like this, i currently do not have any silage available to test it, ill have to make some new or revert back a couple of saves.

I will update if this workaround works/doesn't work for us.

Still hoping for a fix for this as it's a gamebreaking bug.

Ossiwozzy out.
NeedsWork

Post by NeedsWork »

I've had this happen with the small and medium placeable bunkers. Lowering the bucket of a loader near the white cover seems to advance the uncovering process. I'm not sure if you need to scoop any silage or not. I keep a bucket on the front end of the tractor pulling the loading wagon.

I kept having ~100 silage remaining in an empty bunker and have since abandoned bunkers altogether.

Edit: Playing on PC
Ossiwozzy

Post by Ossiwozzy »

Ok so today we did some testing, pooring silage onto the cover and then scooping it up to remove the cover.
This didnt work for us, as your not allowed to drop anything onto the cover.
We did some checking in the xml files and found the silage bunkers in them,
Just search for the keyword bunker in the items.xml
And change : openedAtFront="True" openedAtBack="True" to
openedAtFront="False" openedAtBack="False"

Then save the file and restart the game.
Once ingame you can then open the covers again.
Now use the silage scoop at the edges of the still closed cover and peel em off until they are all gone.
Happy farming!!

This still needs a fix tho even tho a workaround has been found for pc users.

The problem is that when opening the back and front sides and removing all silage with a loader wagon somehow buggs the cover resulting in not being able to remove the rest of the covers.

Thx for pointing out the fact that a silage fork/bucket can remove the covers

Regarding the silage being left in the bunker, dont stack silage too high, and if theres still some left you can remove the remaining bit in the same line as above for your designated bunker.

Just change the fill level values to 0.000000 and your golden.

With regards,

Ossiwozzy.
santaranger

Post by santaranger »

This has actually been an issue since FS17. Only front loaders (shovels/forks) seem to correctly trigger the uncovering of the middle parts.
My workaround is as follows: After uncovering one side, have a front loader pass over the silage and uncover all of it step by step (assuming your pile is not too high to climb with a tractor).

The new thing in FS19 is that you can now use loading wagons to scoop up silage, and now that also doesn't trigger the uncovering.