[READ] FS19 - grass does not grow past first stage

biochemist

[READ] FS19 - grass does not grow past first stage

Post by biochemist »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: grass – both wild and planted
- Issue: when moved or planted grass does grow only to the first ready to harvest stage (light yellow). Grass present form the start of the game is in the dark yellow stage, but once moved (or trampled under equipment) it regrows only to light yellow stage.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: cut grass and let it grow
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Estancia Lapacho, only Giants vehicle mods
jakeclark

Re: FS19 - grass does not grow past first stage

Post by jakeclark »

I noticed this too and it means you never get the full yield.
vinnyy2k

Post by vinnyy2k »

I have this issue as well.
nobby42

Post by nobby42 »

I also noticed this on Ravenport, in a field planted with grass seed. Only mod at the time was the Mahindra.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I asked about this as well and apparently it's another bug but only affects PC. I'm assuming that we are not getting the full yield.
Playing on PC
Tech-E

Post by Tech-E »

Agree there is some problems with grass, see picture below, all the field is '"ready to be cut" but when trying... look at what happened :
Tigdag

Post by Tigdag »

FS19 treats grass just like any other crop. If you have crop destruction turned on, then anywhere that you drive on the grass will be damaged and when you try to harvest it, it will not cut the grass properly. That is what you are seeing in the above posted photo. If you are growing grass as a crop you will need to stay off of it like you would other crops.
Also, if you are using a pull behind style mower, then you will need to put the narrow tires on your pulling tractor so that your tractor doesn't crush the grass before your mower cuts it.

Hope this helps.
Tech-E

Post by Tech-E »

Tigdag wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 am FS19 treats grass just like any other crop. If you have crop destruction turned on, then anywhere that you drive on the grass will be damaged and when you try to harvest it, it will not cut the grass properly. That is what you are seeing in the above posted photo. If you are growing grass as a crop you will need to stay off of it like you would other crops.
Also, if you are using a pull behind style mower, then you will need to put the narrow tires on your pulling tractor so that your tractor doesn't crush the grass before your mower cuts it.

Hope this helps.
Indeed that was a problem of narrow tires I forget it for the grass, I made a mistake,

Thx it helps.
markboiiii

Post by markboiiii »

Hi i have the game on ps4 .when I plant grass is sais that it is withered and doesn't seem to grow long enough for me to cut it .has anyone got any fixes for this as it did used to work when the games was released