Engine sound stays on "idle" for to long ...

W1der

Engine sound stays on "idle" for to long ...

Post by W1der »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: Win 10
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Anything with an engine.
- Issue: The engine sound stays on "idle" for to long (no "work load").
- Single- or Multiplayer: Any
- Steps to reproduce: Drive slowly.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: YES

I have made short clip that shows how the vehicle sounds using gas pedal vs when using cruise ctrl (when using this the engine gets higher RPM instantly).
This issue makes the driving experience a real drag ... :neutralnew:

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mespalin

Re: Engine sound stays on "idle" for to long ...

Post by mespalin »

Agree 100% with this. I have a really hard time getting into the game due to the strange sound and characteristics of the acceleration. I can get up to 10 mph, towing an implement, without even leaving idle. Then it goes straight to full throttle. The new engine sounds are not really enjoyable because their is no throttle range, only idle and full.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
Pict

Re: Engine sound stays on "idle" for to long ...

Post by Pict »

The sounds in FS19 are overall a massive step backwards from FS17

Like you say the engines idle for too long, but when they finally get up and running they sound like a vacuum cleaner that swallowed a sock (or worse) and they all sound pretty much the same, when you can hear them over the birds & dogs which are louder.

Who knows why?, it's like the great sounding tractors and trucks of FS17 have been sanitized almost to the point of not existing. Is it some PC way of pretending we don't burn oil in these big powerful machines?

For me and I'm sure many others, this is the worst of FS19, as the other things will get fixed or can be lived with. But I really doubt Giants have any intention of sorting the FS19 sounds out & I dread the prospect of all the sound mods that have already started to appear as FS19 will be riddled with mods just like FS15 was.