[WON'T FIX] Solitair 23 won't load up seeds

TonJonesPGS

[WON'T FIX] Solitair 23 won't load up seeds

Post by TonJonesPGS »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Solitair 23
- Issue: Won't load up seeds, is a seeder attachment and can only be loaded with fertilizer.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Look it in the shop, as you can see it doesn't load up seeds, if you try it it wont load any seeds.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no yes
Attachments
log.txt
(19.77 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Cheesemass

Re: Solitair 23 won't load up seeds

Post by Cheesemass »

Just looking at this, not sure why no one has replied yet - but the Soltair 23 is listed in the shop as only being fillable with fertilizer. Its counterpart, the Lemken Azurit 9 is a planter which holds seed. I haven’t used either, but I was just thinking they were to complement one another as a seed/fert combo unit. Do they not seed/fert together at the same time when used in conjunction?
Aawsumfarmer

Post by Aawsumfarmer »

I think the point is that it is listed in the shop as a unit to extend your planter, so hold more seed. Indeed it only holds fertilizer and works fine together with the planter. It immediately fertilizes your land when sowing so good enough for me. Description in the shop is odd by the way.

I also use this unit when using the Fertilizing unit hanging on the back. It enlarges what you take with you and allows you to do a bunch of fertilizing contracts without refilling.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

A contract job involved the use of this tank and the Lemken planter. Because you can't fill the tank with seed and the planter was small capacity, I was unable to do the contract.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys!

(Don't hate me please :D) This is by game design. Production wanted to put this tank into the planter category as well because it "belongs" to the Lemken Azurit 9 tool (although it technically only holds fertilizer and might therefore be a little misleading). All shop text and icons explain that it only holds fertilizer though and regarding the contract: You have to refill your planter with seeds just as you would with every other planter if you don't have enough capacity for the job at hand. This won't be changed, sorry guys :(
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
ekeenan

Re: [WON'T FIX] Solitair 23 won't load up seeds

Post by ekeenan »

What about the missions that want to use the tank for sowing missions? Seed is expected, not fertilzer. No problem, I corrected it on my end.

Edit: I am a bit confused. If you go to Lemken's site, you will find the above tank is used for both fertilizer and seed? I had to read carefully to make sure, but it mentions both.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

A bad design choice again *thumbsdown*

According to Lemken's webpage:

"At Agritechnica 2015, LEMKEN will launch the Solitair 23, the company's first front tank for storing and metering seeds and fertiliser."

"The Solitair 23 is designed as a pressure vessel for reliable seed transport, allowing large quantities of seeds or fertiliser of up to 500 kg per hectare to be easily metered even over large conveyor distances."

So dear devs, you MUST add the seeds to the Solitair 23.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

They don’t HAVE to do anything... plus, lemken may have wanted giants to do it a certain way OR giants wanted to do it this way to balance the game
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 am Hi guys!

(Don't hate me please :D) This is by game design. Production wanted to put this tank into the planter category as well because it "belongs" to the Lemken Azurit 9 tool (although it technically only holds fertilizer and might therefore be a little misleading). All shop text and icons explain that it only holds fertilizer though and regarding the contract: You have to refill your planter with seeds just as you would with every other planter if you don't have enough capacity for the job at hand. This won't be changed, sorry guys :(
Er ... I reported this as a BUG back on 9 December 2018 and the {TAG} got changed to [SOLVED].

viewtopic.php?f=965&t=136874

Left hand / right hand not talking to each other?

LEMKENs own site says it can hold either, I would have thought that the agreements with companies would mean that their equipment cannot be misrepresented.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
stoeptegel

Post by stoeptegel »

Disclaimer: normally i don't complain at all.

Sad to hear its not getting fixed. As i and probably a lot of other players think this is pretty important to get it fixed(who dont all voice on this forum). The azurit only holds 600l of seeds and need to be refillled so many times its kinda useless(as there are enough other standard ingame seeders with more capacity and ability to direct fert). Not fixing the seed/fert tank would be a waste of the design time of the azurit as well. Since probably not a lot of players will even use it anymore.

As mentioned above its weird that the machine is being misrepresented BY DESIGN....

Come on giants. A little bit of costumer care.. how hard can it be.

Ps: I was planning to buy the dlc. But this really put me off.

Cheers another unhappy costumer.