Amazone Condor 15001 fertilizing issue

farmerthinking

Amazone Condor 15001 fertilizing issue

Post by farmerthinking »

PC
Amazone Condor 15001
Seeding a fertilized field with the Amazone Condor 15001 does not register as being fertilized by the seeder even though the seeder's fertilizer supply decreases. The field shows up as only being fertilized once.
Single player
Seed a fertilized field with the Condor.
Yes
wontbeback

Re: Amazone Condor 15001 fertilizing issue

Post by wontbeback »

The game only allows you to fertilize a field once per growth stage it seems.
In this instance you'd want to plant+fertilize with the Condor then spray/spread after it starts growing.
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

I figured it out but is not the same as it was in FS15 or FS17. I don't see any reason why they changed this.
Also if it can't fertilize then why does it consume the fertilizer from the tank?
You are supposed to spread manure/slurry/digestate before you sow the field, not after. It's ridiculous and makes no sense.
Until FS19, the rule was to only fertilize once after each stage: fertilize - cultivate - fertilize - sow - fertilize or fertilize after each growing state.
In FS17 I fertilized the harvested field then sowed with the Condor and then sprayed for a total of 3 fertilization stages, which was the maximum.
Ruges

Post by Ruges »

the ceres master 3570 seeds and fertlizes and cultivates. You can also fertilize before or after using it to get your total 100% 2x fertilize bonus. The rapid A 600S cultivates and seeds. You can fertilize before and after it for the 100% 2x bonus. So those seeders are acting like they did in FS17. The Condor fertilizes, cultivates and seeds. You cannot fertilize before or after it. You have to wait 1 growth stage before being able to fertilize again. So its a bit unique. Have not been able to test out any of the other ones yet but not impressed with the condor.

Was hoping to run the condor behind my harvester. and then start the fertilizer shortly after that. but that is not going to be the case.

Anyone test out the estralla or the terminator?
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

The Vaderstad Tempo L16 also doesn't register the fertilizer 2nd stage after it has 1st stage on it already, but does empty the tank.

I had subsoiled --> Spread fertilizer --> subsoiled a small corner again (cause there were weeds, just a tiny spot) then seeded with Tempo L16. The little spot I subsoiled twice was stage 2, the rest of the field stage 1 fertilizer.
PS4 player
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

ErwinR55 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:44 pm The Vaderstad Tempo L16 also doesn't register the fertilizer 2nd stage after it has 1st stage on it already, but does empty the tank.

I had subsoiled --> Spread fertilizer --> subsoiled a small corner again (cause there were weeds, just a tiny spot) then seeded with Tempo L16. The little spot I subsoiled twice was stage 2, the rest of the field stage 1 fertilizer.
That's because the subsoiler acts like a cultivator. If you cultivate/subsoil/plow a fertilized field and then seed it with a seeder which also fertilizes, then of course it will register the stage 2 fertilization. The idea behind a direct seeder, like the Condor, is that you don't have to cultivate before seeding.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

farmerthinking wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm
That's because the subsoiler acts like a cultivator. If you cultivate/subsoil/plow a fertilized field and then seed it with a seeder which also fertilizes, then of course it will register the stage 2 fertilization. The idea behind a direct seeder, like the Condor, is that you don't have to cultivate before seeding.
Yes, I was thinking the Tempo L16 would also cultivate. Dunno where I got that from. Probably cause I used that other Vaderstad all the time that has this combined haha.
Anyway, indeed, the Tempo is working okay in that regard, but it DOES deplete fertilizer while it doesn't register the 2nd stage fertilizing. So that should be fixed one way or another.
PS4 player
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

ErwinR55 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:38 pm
farmerthinking wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm
Yes, I was thinking the Tempo L16 would also cultivate. Dunno where I got that from. Probably cause I used that other Vaderstad all the time that has this combined haha.
Anyway, indeed, the Tempo is working okay in that regard, but it DOES deplete fertilizer while it doesn't register the 2nd stage fertilizing. So that should be fixed one way or another.
I tested out all direct seeders which have a fertilizer tank and the conclusion is that none of them reach stage 2 after direct seeding a fertilized field.