FS19 1.1.3 PC - nothing growing on deleted areas

Loz_636

FS19 1.1.3 PC - nothing growing on deleted areas

Post by Loz_636 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Ravenport Map
- Issue: When using the roller to delete field areas, the ground goes green as if it is grass however no grass or anything grows back.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Start a new map, buy a roller delete a field area then speed up time, no growth occurs
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes
theSeb

Re: FS19 1.1.3 PC - nothing growing on deleted areas

Post by theSeb »

I think you've misunderstood the description and purpose of this particular implement.
Tripp_

Post by Tripp_ »

This is same for me. Looks as if grass is supposed to grow but it never does. This makes some areas look vary odd around my farm, as there are patches we're nothing grows. Please fix this so that grass grows on the deleted fields so it doesn't look so odd. Thank you.
Loz_636

Post by Loz_636 »

theSeb wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am I think you've misunderstood the description and purpose of this particular implement.
I think you have misunderstood the issue..
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

When you reset the ground to initial value, as the roller does, it does not plant grass. You would actually need to plant it yourself.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

You CAN get grass to grow in an area that used to be a field but you have deleted...

STEP 1: Plow or subsoil part of field you want to delete, but still grow grass.

STEP 2: Plant grass in same part that you plowed or subsoiled.

STEP 3: BEFORE THE GRASS GROWS use the meadow roller to delete the part of field you want gone, bit still want to grow grass.

STEP 4: Wait... About half a day with crop growth set to fast. The grass will grow and is harvestable. I have yet to comfirm that the grass will grow back after it has been mowed.

Not sure if this was intended to work this way but I LOVE IT!!!! So if anyone at giants is reading please DO NOT change this. At last I have a way to get wild grass when I delete a field on Xbox.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

why not just plant the field with grass, let it grow and then mow it?
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Apache1222 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:23 pm why not just plant the field with grass, let it grow and then mow it?
Because you want to change the shape of a field or split a large field into smaller fields and not have a helper till the grass parts under.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Cheesemass

Post by Cheesemass »

CattleMan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 pm You CAN get grass to grow in an area that used to be a field but you have deleted...

STEP 3: BEFORE THE GRASS GROWS use the meadow roller to delete the part of field you want gone, bit still want to grow grass.

STEP 4: Wait... About half a day with crop growth set to fast. The grass will grow and is harvestable. I have yet to comfirm that the grass will grow back after it has been mowed.

Not sure if this was intended to work this way but I LOVE IT!!!! So if anyone at giants is reading please DO NOT change this. At last I have a way to get wild grass when I delete a field on Xbox.
Thanks for the tip, didn’t know this. Pushes the urgency of a minor glitch fix for me down the priority list. Why code the ground when you can code with your plow!
Loz_636

Post by Loz_636 »

Cheesemass wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 pm
CattleMan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 pm You CAN get grass to grow in an area that used to be a field but you have deleted...

Thanks for the tip, didn’t know this. Pushes the urgency of a minor glitch fix for me down the priority list. Why code the ground when you can code with your plow!
Thanks I will do this for now - I still think this needs looking into by the devs however because if you start a new map from fresh then use the roller to delete part of a field, the original grass should grow back that was there before the field was put on top if you see what I mean..
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

Same thing occures if the grass was deleted as the result of terrain alteration such as smoothing, raising, lowering, flattening. The grass gets deleted and never grows back.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Krahazik wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 pm Same thing occures if the grass was deleted as the result of terrain alteration such as smoothing, raising, lowering, flattening. The grass gets deleted and never grows back.
Regarding the absence of grass after painting or landscaping:
There was a wild_grass mod for fs17, whit which you could sow grass outside of fields.
Here commes the thing. It is here for fs19 too and it works perfectly when you go over the painted or landscaped fields. Thanks to jodamm
Just download it here.

Here is the link to jodamm's thread.

Also good for mishaps with the roller, it will make the grass grow back.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Agree 100% with CattleMan please don’t change it.
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

jodamm should add the wild grass mod to the modhub, would be nice
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Krahazik wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 am jodamm should add the wild grass mod to the modhub, would be nice
My guess is, He already did. It's a script mod, thus taking a while to get checked and be given the ok to put it on ModHub.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.