[FS19] [Multiplayer] (not error, but question) How/is this game BETA-tested?

janfrekv

[FS19] [Multiplayer] (not error, but question) How/is this game BETA-tested?

Post by janfrekv »

There seems to be quite a lot of bugs on release, on FS19, so I'm just really curious;

How is this game BETA-tested before it's launched? Is it in-house by developers, or is it done by "ohh, I love the new graphics and scenery"-streamers-who-get-paid-by-clicks players, or is it done by "every-day-players" who play this game and explore all of its features on a daily basis?

Best regards,
JFK

www.dedicatedfarmers.com
Last edited by janfrekv on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
livesea72

Re: How is this game BETA-tested?

Post by livesea72 »

We are the beta testers, we were for 17 as well but 17 wasnt as bad because it wasn't as overhauled as 19 was.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am We are the beta testers, we were for 17 as well but 17 wasnt as bad because it wasn't as overhauled as 19 was.
True, the paying customers are the beta testers. At least the second tier. FS17 was much better at launch even though it wasn't bug free.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

We all paid to be beta tester.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
GingerSteve94

Post by GingerSteve94 »

As paying customers we are not Beta testers unless you received a pre-release copy of the game. Truth is this game was never beta tested and was only played pre release by youtubers and staff. I for one am extremely disappointed in giants software for releasing this game and profiting from a game that is obviously not finished.
Boerke79

Post by Boerke79 »

Lets see if Microsoft and Sony see it the same way, if feedback starts to flow to their game release channels about quality of the product, and causing the platforms to have a bad name because of the lack of performance.
NewFarmer2018

Post by NewFarmer2018 »

FS19 was not beta tested by anyone. Isn't that obvious.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

GingerSteve94 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 pm As paying customers we are not Beta testers unless you received a pre-release copy of the game. Truth is this game was never beta tested and was only played pre release by youtubers and staff. I for one am extremely disappointed in giants software for releasing this game and profiting from a game that is obviously not finished.
*thumbsup*
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
ezrail

Post by ezrail »

It's called patience...
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

ezrail wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:33 am It's called patience...
Patience - for a game you pay for, many probably paid for months aread head of release as pre-order, with a DLC as modders probably will make better for free at a later time?
And this full of bugs (from looking at bug-reports thread)? Seriously.......

So - back to the original post - where/how/for how long was this beta-tested? (*NOT* thinking of preleases to clickbait youtubers - but actual BETA-TESTERS outside developers' "internal error-free bubble").
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am We are the beta testers, we were for 17 as well but 17 wasnt as bad because it wasn't as overhauled as 19 was.
Maybe about time to crowd-fund a new multiplayer game-engine again? (this f...... sync-time - can't even IMAGINE how sync will be on those upcoming 4x maps..........)
Tigdag

Re: [FS19] [Multiplayer] (not error, but question) How/is this game BETA-tested?

Post by Tigdag »

From what I have read, many of the better known and respected mod map makers have said that they are putting 4x maps on the back burner for now due to the removal of the terrain blending tool from the Giants Editor. I hope this is not the case, but I also understand that the new way (multi-layering dirt 01, dirt 02, dirt 03, dirt 04) could be very time consuming.
Tornado

Re: [FS19] [Multiplayer] (not error, but question) How/is this game BETA-tested?

Post by Tornado »

According to the Known Issue List there isn't a single multiplayer bug... seems like a bad joke to me...

If you could please acknowledge that your are also experiencing problems like: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=136394 and viewtopic.php?f=965&t=131767 maybe giants will start to work on it.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Giants needs to learn from the best..

Just jump over the bug reports section of American Truck Simulator forum, you'll be impressed how they manage them...

Giants created this section, but more than 80% of these reports are not even read.

On ATS forum, 100% of bug reports are read and commented!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yep posted about 8 to 10 bugs first week of release,one was commented on about being known by someone who listed same bug 18 hours after i did. Took a long break after that. They should tackle bug reports by date not pick whatever one they feel like.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC