Weed growth issue

JaguarMan1410

Weed growth issue

Post by JaguarMan1410 »

Hi,
I'm having an issue where weeds won't grow at all during the growth stage of a crop, it'll stay at 0% until the crop goes into its ready to harvest stage, at which point the weeds will shoot up to 100% but spraying them at this stage won't kill them. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm constantly losing out on the crop yield bonus from weeding the field because of this.
Cheers
djt5278

Re: Weed growth issue

Post by djt5278 »

Just started to happen to me too. Worked fine before, now no weeds until "ready to harvest" state. Xbox one.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The weeds grow map wide, where your field is in growth has no affect on them. So basically just bad luck they decided to grow when your crop was ready to harvest.

Seasons or any other mod that sets growth times to midnight will probably help fix them.
PC gamer.
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

When I have had weeds grow (which has been rare for the first few game days at least) they typically have shown up in 2 stages. The first stage shows up as very small plants on the field and the game map shows the fields with pink shade. Standing on the field indicates "weeds 100%" in the lower right corner of the screen. I have always been able to use a weeder on them at this stage without problem but I have never had them spring up at harvest time. In later stages the weeds flower, at which time I think you have to use the herbicide to kill them, still trying to confirm. On the other hand, I have tried weeding and checking yield, then reloading without saving and tried a harvest without weeding and did not notice any difference on the yield so I stopped weeding altogether for now. Playing on Farm Manager difficulty.
FlaxD

Post by FlaxD »

Remove the weed give +20% of improving yield. I tested: use the weeder and harvest is same, like not use the weeder, so no pint to use weeder or fertelaizer. 11k tons use the weeder and not use the weeder is same,ofc use the fertillized.