Lease per day calculation breaks the game

moga

Lease per day calculation breaks the game

Post by moga » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 pm

PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Issue: lease per-day costs incorrect
- Steps to reproduce: Leased 3 vehicles and ran a test for an in-game week
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no :yes

Hi I started a game on 'starting from scratch' difficulty for a challenge but after leasing most equipment I noticed the game was way too easy.

I ran a test just leasing the below 3 vehicles , no mods. I did nothing and let it run. These were the results:

Leasing these 3 vehicles should cost per day:
Quadtrac -no upgrade - 4380$
Quadtrac -engine upgrade - 5215$
ScorpionKing no upgrade - 4400$
Total per day = 13995$

Actual per day however = 1120$

Another related exploit is that it allowed me to lease a vehicle with an engine upgrade - I thought this was not supposed to be allowed.

.. also ever since I played FS15 I wish there was a reward system for achieving a certain level of success in a given time. It would be great to see at least a "Total farm asset value" and "total in-game time elapsed" so we have a score. I know FS19 is a simulator but without any actual goal people loose interest faster. If you did this I think FS19 would be much more popular and you will interest many more players whom want to play a game with goals without losing the players whom just want to grind while fast forwarding time.
In other words - currently in the Farming-simulator series time is meaningless as it can be fast-forwarded without penalty

K Money

Re: Lease per day calculation breaks the game

Post by K Money » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am

You can lease equipment with upgrades. I think it’s that you can’t upgrade leased equipment. So after you confirm the lease you can no longer change/upgrade the machine. You would need to return/replace to change things. I think*
Platform; PC
Windows 7

moga

Post by moga » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 pm

even though the status of this post has not been updated I noticed this bug is now fixed in the new 1.2.0.0 beta patch yesterday. Thanks, the game is playable again for me now.

RE: leasing units with upgrades and not being able to change them, that makes practical sense, sure. I tested and that's true.

hugassi

Post by hugassi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:44 am

Anyone try for once just lease equipment and see if is easy or not to support the costs?
farming on PS4

FS 13 (100 hours)
FS 15 (300 hours)
FS 17 (2800 hours)
FS 19 (800 hours) ...

:arrow: https://www.twitch.tv/the72farmer/video ... &sort=time