[MORE INFO] Front axle lock

knuuud

[MORE INFO] Front axle lock

Post by knuuud »

- PC
- Vehicle: All tractors
- Issue: Frontaxle lock forced on you when using frontloader instead of being optional.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: connect a frontloader
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes

This is just stupid that this is still in a simulator. The mod that unlocked the frontaxle in 17 never caused any issues and made gameplay more fun as you actually had to balance when lifting to high and heavy. Make it atleast a realism option for the ones of us that wants to play realistic.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Front axle lock

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi knuud!

Could you please elaborate the problem? What is the exact issue - are you using any input device? Specific sensitivity settings? Adding your log file will also help, thanks.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
absolute phoenix

Re: [MORE INFO] Front axle lock

Post by absolute phoenix »

There will be mods for that. =p This doesn’t sound like a bug to me. It sounds like you want the front axel of the tractors to act more realistically and not lock up to prevent the tractor from tipping forward. I agree this could be an option that has to be changed to allow that function. But at the same time the game is supposed to appeal to more then just the enthusiasts. That would make the game much harder for standard users witch wouldn’t be good for sales.
knuuud

Post by knuuud »

@absolute phoenix elaborated. Given the games more stable physics I see the locking of the front axle when attaching a loader as a bug. It is seriously not needed, and you shouldnt have to get a mod for it.. Here is the mod that fixes this "bug" in 17: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Spartan086

Post by Spartan086 »

The xml seems to have changed so the way that mod worked won't work for FS19. This "feature" seems to have been added into the scripts so we won't be able to fix it until the script references is out so that we can find where they placed this artificial locking mechanism... (why do we even have Weights in this game the way they've placed center of mass and all the "suspension" dampers, and locked axles etc. make them completely pointless)

EDIT: No it has not changed, the axle can be unlocked by changing

<frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_yes" price="1500">
<attacherJoint node="attacherJointFrontloader" jointType="attachableFrontloader" lowerTransLimit="0 0 0"
</attacherJoint>
</frontloaderConfiguration>

to

<frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_yes" price="1500">
<attacherJoint frontAxisLimitJoint="false" node="attacherJointFrontloader" jointType="attachableFrontloader" lowerTransLimit="0 0 0"
</attacherJoint>
</frontloaderConfiguration>
knuuud

[Solved] Front axle lock

Post by knuuud »

https://ls-modcompany.com/filebase/file ... hs-sperre/
Been updated for 19, so fixed for me.
LanOpa

Post by LanOpa »

i have seen "modeleicher" on some workaround mod on his YT-stream before the holidays
Wenn ein Mod nicht funktioniert, dann weint nicht hier, sondern bei dem Forum wo ihr den Mod her habt.
Image immer schön daran Denken, Modder wollen auch RESPECT, also mit BITTE freundlich