[SOLVED] Patches 1.1.3 - 1.2 beta will not launch game, black screen only

qazme

[SOLVED] Patches 1.1.3 - 1.2 beta will not launch game, black screen only

Post by qazme »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: The entire game
- Issue: Game will not launch. Same results post 1.1.3 and 1.2 patches (beta and production)
- Single- or Multiplayer: Either
- Steps to reproduce: Patch and try to launch game
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: It happens with mods and without. Even removed pre-order bonus Mahindra and it still happens. I've validated and reinstalled and still have the same problem. Attached is the log I get after forcefully exiting the game after waiting for ~5 minutes with nothing but a black screen. Reverting on STEAM to v1.1.0 will allow the game to launch. Machine is fully patched one drivers, OS, and Chipset. No other software has an issue launching or running.

Hopefully you guys can find this - any of the newer patches are totally unusable on my machine...

I had to truncate the log because at 2-3 minutes of waiting before force closing repeated the same lines over and over for ~5MB worth of log file.
Attachments
log.txt
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Patches 1.1.3 - 1.2 beta will not launch game, black screen only

Post by x Lethian x »

Interesting - we are looking into it and can hopefully help out soon.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
qazme

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Patches 1.1.3 - 1.2 beta will not launch game, black screen only

Post by qazme »

Great hopefully you guys can figure this one out! I've had all sort of guesses from people on things to troubleshoot but I simply can't find a fix on my machine's side.
DavidJD051

Post by DavidJD051 »

Good to know this is being looked into, I have the exact same issue. My log even looks identical.
qazme

Post by qazme »

David, glad you're reporting it as well. I've had several others mention it to me as well. I knew I wasn't the only one!
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Will be fixed with the final 1.2 patch.
qazme

Re: [SOLVED] Patches 1.1.3 - 1.2 beta will not launch game, black screen only

Post by qazme »

Great news Stegei! Thanks for looking into it - it's very much appreciated!