No rotating camera or movement with mouse in 3D shop and placing placeable

SnoopBok

No rotating camera or movement with mouse in 3D shop and placing placeable

Post by SnoopBok »

Hello Giants,

I noticed a increase in FPS since the new beta, thanks for that and for this great game.

However, I'm encountering a bug since the initial release. I play on PC and use a Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick and a Logitech G29 steering wheel. When I'm entering the shop I cannot use the mouse to zoom or rotate the camera. The same happens when I'm buying a placeable object. I cannot move or place it with the mouse of my PC.

I noticed that when I do not use the thrustmaster (never touched it in the game), I'm not having the problem. Then I can use the new terrain feature and so does the preview in the 3D shop. Once I use the joystick the problem occurs.

I tried 1.2.0 beta and deleted the inputbinding.xml
A friend of mine uses the same joystick and is encountering the same problem.
Farmer_Sly

Re: No rotating camera or movement with mouse in 3D shop and placing placeable

Post by Farmer_Sly »

I'm encountering athe same or simler bug . I play on PC and use a Logitech Extreme 3D joystick
G27 Racing Wheel wheel. When I'm entering the shop I cannot use the mouse to zoom or rotate the camera. The same happens when I'm buying a placeable object. I cannot move or place it with my mouse but if i remove both controllers then i can have tried with no mods all the updates and patches or no updates or patches reinstalled the game deleted input bindings with no luck
miliniun

Post by miliniun »

Same problem with g29 and logitech 3d pro. haven't tried unplugging the joystick. might try that.
riwig

Post by riwig »

Same problem as above. G27 racing wheel with pedals, Logitech Extreme 3d. Can't rotate machines in the shop, place placeable and use the mouse with the new feature landscaping. Can only use the keyboard with this actions.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

miliniun wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 am Same problem with g29 and logitech 3d pro. haven't tried unplugging the joystick. might try that.
I tried unplugging: no effort.
I also installed latest driver and software of the joystick and the steering wheel. Also no luck.
miliniun

Post by miliniun »

SnoopBok wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 am
miliniun wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 am Same problem with g29 and logitech 3d pro. haven't tried unplugging the joystick. might try that.
I also installed latest driver and software of the joystick and the steering wheel. Also no luck.
Did you delete your keybindings xml and do a reboot and try it or just unplug the joystick? Might have to go through the extra steps for it to affect it. Plan on trying it today.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

miliniun wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:51 pm
SnoopBok wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 am
Did you delete your keybindings xml and do a reboot and try it or just unplug the joystick? Might have to go through the extra steps for it to affect it. Plan on trying it today.
Yes I did, but no effort.
trust....me

Post by trust....me »

Have the same problem but with a fanatec v2.5 wheel and a joystick i can make it all work great if i unplug the wheel and joystick but as soon i plug the wheel in is back to stuff again.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

trust....me wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:10 pm Have the same problem but with a fanatec v2.5 wheel and a joystick i can make it all work great if i unplug the wheel and joystick but as soon i plug the wheel in is back to stuff again.
It's really annoying, because I cannot use the new feature of the beta, unless I unplug the joystick.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

I fixed it! I thought it could be useful to others so I'm sharing what I did. What I've done:

I reinstalled the game because of some errors in the log, so I thought it could be useful. After the reinstall with patch 1.2.1 I noticed that the issue of the joystick was still there. When entering a vehicle and touching the joystick, the camera was going up and down. I looked at the key bindings and saw it was assigned to the throttle slider of the joystick.

In order to fix this you have to put the slider in a neutral position, delete the input bindings of the slider. After that the issue doesn't appear anymore. So I can now use the mouse in the shop and for the new terrain editing mode :lol:

You don't have to reinstall the game!
miliniun

Post by miliniun »

was able to unplug the joystick and use mouse, now that doesn't work anymore.