[WON'T FIX] [FS19] BETA 1.2 Grass Destruction

farmer_bell

[WON'T FIX] [FS19] BETA 1.2 Grass Destruction

Post by farmer_bell »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC - Beta Patch 1.2
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Grass Destruction
- Issue: When driving over grass, it is no longer destroyed
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Start a new save on either map and drive over grass. Grass will not be destroyed as it was pre 1.2. Crops are still destroyed
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no YES
Attachments
log.txt
(30.23 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Spartan086

Re: [FS19] BETA 1.2 Grass Destruction

Post by Spartan086 »

I can second this; grass is no longer "destroyed" when driving over it. I saw no metion of it in the patch description so I don't know if this is intentional or not... if it is intentional; could someone be kind enough to explain why?
perwel

Post by perwel »

Me too see this on PC. No grass destruction.
Can you add it again and maybe as a setting like Crop destruction
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys!

This was an intentional decision made by our production team, I'm afraid. Grass will not be destroyed anymore in the game. Normal crop destruction works as usual.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
ltl.vamp

Re: [WON'T FIX] [FS19] BETA 1.2 Grass Destruction

Post by ltl.vamp »

What!? One of the most amazing new features will not be anymore in the game after the patch!? No more visible ways on my grass fields where I used to drive may shortcuts .... ?

I'm not sure, but actual the grass gets back to the first stage and if I don't drive there anymore, the grass starts to grow again up to the third stage!?
And after the patch e.g. the grass will stay always at the third stage, when I drive over it?
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I am sorry, but Really?? You introduced an excellent feature, then "decide" just not to bother with it?
I honestly cannot understand why you would remove this feature. It is one of my favourite things is seeing the tracks left in a field after you have driven over it. For me personally, it adds immersion to the game.

At the end of the day its your game and your decision, I personally think it is a backwards step and I do not see the point in removing this feature. With a bit of luck, perhaps a decent modder will work out how to put it back in again.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

The way the new grass works means that we won't have the issue where if you drive on any grass it's immediately impossible to mow it. So if you're mowing with small gear you have strips in the field that you can't cut unless you only cut with a front mounted mower which isn't particularly realistic. By removing grass from crop destruction it means that grass can be cut normally, which for me at least, is the lesser of the two evils. At least that's my guess!
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

The grass was only knocked back a stage or two, so it was still mowable. Having cut many grass fields in my life, it is a fact that when using a side cut mower, the first trip round the field will always result in the grass being trampled. Generally, once you have done a couple of trips round the field to open it up, you would then drive the opposite way round the field so that the mower was lifting the pushed over grass from the first pass. For my money, I prefered it when grass destruction was on, as it felt much more realistic, on the trampled grass you just got less yield, which I thought was a great idea.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Sorry, but when I drive in real with my maschine over gras, I drive it down and couldn't mow it immediately. Because of this you have a front mower or a side mower. That's the reason why the big Krone got a mower at the front. And tracs should be the same: front mower in the middle and left and right the side mowers. It's natural. Even with crops. Don't drive on it, when you want to cut it.

I'm so wrong!?

EdiT: Thank you, farmer_bell! This is what it should be!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Spartan086

Post by Spartan086 »

Stage 1 - invis,
Stage 2 - first vis
Stage 3 - medium length, cuttable
Stage 4 - tall, cuttable

Why not move grass from stage 4 to stage 3 when you run over it if people are to stupid to figure out how to cut grass the right way without driving over all of it? I assume this is why you decided to remove it, but why does your "production team" keep deciding things that you cannot/will not communicate?

... and how do we turn it back on? :confusednew:
perwel

Post by perwel »

Very strange to have Crop destruction but not Grass destruction. Makes no sense!!???
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Excellent. Now if only Grass would grow past yellow stage.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
xterminator24

Post by xterminator24 »

I'm definitely not a fan of patches that remove features. I'm not sure what actual problem was unsolvable with grass to the point that an entire new feature had to be removed. Giants needs to rethink this. I understand there's a lot on the plate of the developers right now but that isn't any fault of any one of us customers that faithfully purchased the title. Solving issues by completely removing features is unacceptable in my eyes.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep Giants, please rethink about this.

Your game is Farming SIMULATOR...don't forget this.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Ramdor

Post by Ramdor »

sigh.... what a shame.