[MORE INFO] [FS19 1.2 Beta and previous] G27 remains completely stiff when launching into the game.

Knottypine

[MORE INFO] [FS19 1.2 Beta and previous] G27 remains completely stiff when launching into the game.

Post by Knottypine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:45 pm

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC (Steam)
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Game, Steering with G27
- Issue: Wheel remains stiff (full tension) when I launch into the game.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single player (haven't been in MP)
- Steps to reproduce: Open Logitech Profiler, verify settings, launch game and can drive but wheel completely stiff
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes

Log Attached.

Basically as the title says. Otherwise, the wheel works almost* perfectly. My current solution is to run American Truck Simulator and load my saved game. The wheel loosens up in ATS, then I exit ATS and go back to FS19. After I do that, the steering works fine in 19, and will continue to work fine until my computer is restarted, then I have to repeat the process. FS19 by itself doesn't loosen up the wheel.

*I said almost because I have a separate control issue (more annoyance than bug?) with the pedals. Not sure if I should do a separate bug report on this. I'll just add it to this one for now. (might not be a bug, not sure)

_________
[FS19 1.2 Beta and previous] G27 braking has unintended effect.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC (Steam)
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Game, braking with G27 pedals
- Issue: When I VERY gently press the brake pedal as to just illuminate the brake lights, vehicles take MUCH longer to stop
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single player (haven't been in MP)
- Steps to reproduce: Drive a few seconds to gain speed (20+ kph), VERY gently touch brake and watch how far your vehicle coasts
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes

Log attached.

If I drive and gain some speed and let go of the accelerator, WITHOUT braking the vehicles linearly slow to a stop by themselves relatively quickly. By design, the G27 brake pedal has more tension when pressing to simulate brake pressure, so sometimes I don't press it hard enough. Problem is, if I gently press the brake and my vehicle brake lights illuminate, the vehicle tends to coast a LOT further then when not using the brake at all. (does the same thing in reverse when using the accelerator for the brake) My two options right now is to either jam the brakes on, or to not use them at all. FYI, I play with stop and go braking turned off.

As for settings, I've attempted multiple settings for every axis, even tried toggling 'report combined pedal' on/off.
Attachments
log.txt
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

SpidmaxCZ

Re: [FS19 1.2 Beta and previous] G27 remains completely stiff when launching into the game.

Post by SpidmaxCZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Try to uncheck " Allow Game To Adjust Settings " in logitech profiler. This issue was fixed on my side with this.
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I

Knottypine

Re: [FS19 1.2 Beta and previous] G27 remains completely stiff when launching into the game.

Post by Knottypine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm

That did 'appear' to work in a previous patch I do believe. However, with the wheel stiffness and the minor braking issues, I've messed around with every Logitech Profiler setting, including the "Allow game to adjust settings" toggle.

The fact remains that if I launch another wheel supporting game, my G27 works essentially perfect in FS19. Settings are fine apparently as long is something else initiates the wheel.

x Lethian x
GIANTS Software | QA Lead

Post by x Lethian x » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:05 am

Hey guys, could you specifiy what Logitech Software settings you are using? And have you tried deleting the inputBindings file and restarting the game?
How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images