[MORE INFO] Buggy saving

Muskiet

[MORE INFO] Buggy saving

Post by Muskiet »

I have had issues multiple times now on the Steam PC version with regards to saving the game.
I'm playing a "Start from scratch" game on the Felsbrunn map, have "Autosave interval" set to "5 minutes".
The last time I've played, I noted that when baling straw on field 19 I was halfway done when I pressed ESC and went into the menu.
The game gave me a message saying it was saving the game, but just to be sure, I hit the "Save Game" one more time before exiting the game.
Now I've started the game and it loads with only three straw swath rows baled... it loaded a save-game from 5 or so minutes before I exited the game.
I have noticed this several times before, I finished harvesting that same field with the "Autosave interval" set to "15 minutes", and saved and exited the game.
When I went back, only half the field was harvested.

Has anybody else noticed this?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [MORE INFO] Buggy saving

Post by Rahkiin »

Hi Muskiet,

Thank you for your report. Sadly we don't know how to reproduce this issue and also we haven't had this issue on our side (yet). Please let us know if you have any additional information. Did you have errors in your log? Was it only on that savegame or also on others?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I also ran into this issue. Not anymore since I desactivated the autosave.

I can't explain why, but I had this in every version, including 1.2 and it was not always happening.

Is it possible that the file is "used by another user", which is the Giants autosave, so the file is locked and cannot be overwrited?

Just guessing.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 pm I also ran into this issue. Not anymore since I desactivated the autosave.

I can't explain why, but I had this in every version, including 1.2 and it was not always happening.

Is it possible that the file is "used by another user", which is the Giants autosave, so the file is locked and cannot be overwrited?

Just guessing.
That gave me something I could look into. Thanks.
Muskiet

Post by Muskiet »

I've only played so far on one save-game, so I can't say yet whether it happens on others.
But now that I've lowered the time between auto-saves I've simply waited about 5 minutes after finishing a job before I exit the game, which seems to work for me so far.
I'll do some more experimenting later to see if I can give better information, and when I notice it happened I'll attach a log file too, because right now all I'm getting is "game saved succesfully" messages.
Kaliszak

Post by Kaliszak »

I have a simillar problem...
When i played normal ( buying fields, machines etc. ) all is ok with savegames, but!... when i change a ground type, and make for example - hole on field -, my save option doesn't work well.
Save work for all without a hole. Game can't save my changed ground ( changed textures ground are save well )
Start my savegame and i have all, but where is my hole?
I have a steam version.
AceofSpades

Post by AceofSpades »

I have an issue that's close but a bit different. So posted a separate post.

But one of my saves just stopped saving. Go in with say 100k, buy something for 10k, put it right in front of me, save game and exit. Check the save xml's and it shows my balance is 90k. Go into game at the save selection screen, game says I have 90k. Get into saved game and the item I bought is gone(or any changes) and my money is back to 100k.

It is weird.
Kaliszak

Post by Kaliszak »

Kaliszak wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 pm I have a simillar problem...
When i played normal ( buying fields, machines etc. ) all is ok with savegames, but!... when i change a ground type, and make for example - hole on field -, my save option doesn't work well.
Save work for all without a hole. Game can't save my changed ground ( changed textures ground are save well )
Start my savegame and i have all, but where is my hole?
I have a steam version.
Full game reinstall fix the problem!