[SOLVED] Grass not regrowing?

Redd

[SOLVED] Grass not regrowing?

Post by Redd »

I don't know if it's a bug or not. But i like to ask the community. So here goes
There are 2 Parts in this:
1st. - After using an plow to create new field and remove some bush's. I then use the Roller (Deleted some of the field that was crooked) But after using the meadow roller the grass don't grow back?

2an. - This is sort of an link to the other question..
This is to the beta patch. with the new landscaping feature. I leveled out a spot and then painted it with grass. But that as well don't grow grass. Even after more then 3 days it don't grow back. So is it a bug?
Mancsguy

Re: [PC] Grass not regrowing?

Post by Mancsguy »

I believe you have to create a field by plowing it and then sow grass to make it grow
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

I believe the proper steps are, paint grass texture with landscape tool first, then make a field with the plow, sow grass, then take the roller over it to delete the field, but the grass will stay and continue to grow
Redd

Post by Redd »

Apache1222 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 pm I believe the proper steps are, paint grass texture with landscape tool first, then make a field with the plow, sow grass, then take the roller over it to delete the field, but the grass will stay and continue to grow
Damn thats alot of work for something there use to work in FS17. But i'll give it a test.
There where grass before in the 2an bit. But after leveling the ground and painting it just stayed and will not grow. Like the dev team to take a look aswell. Cus imo after using the meadowroller the grass shoud just grow back after a day.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

You need to plant grass for it to actually grow. A roller resets the terrain it does not magically spawn actual grass.
Dyexz

Post by Dyexz »

Apache1222 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 pm I believe the proper steps are, paint grass texture with landscape tool first, then make a field with the plow, sow grass, then take the roller over it to delete the field, but the grass will stay and continue to grow
You can't delete a field that has been sown on (think it a fail-safe). All this would do is remove the grass that has grown on the area.
Apache1222

Re: [SOLVED] Grass not regrowing?

Post by Apache1222 »

Dyexz,

Those are just the steps i have seen from reading other posts on here, I have not tested it myself yet, but if I remember correctly, they say to use the roller after the grass hits the first growth state. Again I have not tested it myself yet but who knows.
Dyexz

Post by Dyexz »

@Apache1222, I've tested it in multiplayer with a friend of mine, and all the roller did was remove the grass that had grown on the area. the field still remained, which lead me to believe that if fields have been seeded, it can't be removed using the roller.
Redd

Re: [-Simi SOLVED] Grass not regrowing?

Post by Redd »

@Rahkiin
So what about when i use the landscaping feature. I did some leveling and that removed the grass there was already there. I then tried out the paint feature grass texture. Is it not supposedly gonna add some grass. Or do i Misunderstand the new feature?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

It currently does not add grass foliage, no. We are looking into adding a thing like that.
Leximero

Post by Leximero »

Dyexz wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:17 pm Apache1222, I've tested it in multiplayer with a friend of mine, and all the roller did was remove the grass that had grown on the area. the field still remained, which lead me to believe that if fields have been seeded, it can't be removed using the roller.
Yes it can be done. But only when the grass is in the first growing stage after sowing. So your experience is also true. When grass already has reach any further growing stages (like existing grass fields) , all the roller does is cut the grass back.
So the solution is: plow or cultivate the field, sow the grass, and use the roller directly before the grass has growed.
Leximero

Post by Leximero »

Another tip: turn "on" the grass at the map view, and check the crop growings to see where grass is seeded (purple) or growing (green/yelliow)or not
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am It currently does not add grass foliage, no. We are looking into adding a thing like that.
Well, we're waiting...
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Patch 1.3 will introduce a feature like this - grass will grow when painting grass with the landscaping tool ;) It's already available on the PC 1.3 Beta Patch.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
W1der

Post by W1der »

x Lethian x wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 am Patch 1.3 will introduce a feature like this - grass will grow when painting grass with the landscaping tool ;) It's already available on the PC 1.3 Beta Patch.
Thank you very very much! *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5