Spiritine

[KNOWN ISSUE] Engine acceleration sound

Post by Spiritine »

PC
Tractors , Case Puma cvx 185, Fendt 1050
Multiplayer
Vehicle Sound
Standard map
No mods but there is some mods on now and its still present, log file will show mods,but we have same issue before we downloaded them.

On multiplayer, non dedicated server, host and also client issue, a few tractors we've tried so far, Puma 185 cvx & fendt 1050 being two, when you accelerate the engine sound from idle ramps up in steps, like 'do ray me fa so la ti do' and in reverse for slowing down, it would absolutely wreck your head, the engine sound in fs17 was far better, these don't sound real at all only when idle, its like you got the idle sound perfect and digitally adjusted it for acceleration?
Love the game but its absolutely polluted with bugs, I've yet to come across a field that a hired worker will sow fully *thumbsup* *thumbsdown* :geeknew:
Attachments
log.txt
(17.1 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Moses195

Re: Engine acceleration sound

Post by Moses195 »

I noticed it just today, bothersome.
Zman1271

Re: Engine acceleration sound

Post by Zman1271 »

Noticed this day 1 of release. For me, it happens to almost all vehicles. I notice it the most with the MAN TGS 18.00 4x4 Truck. Sounds like the sound files have been compressed far beyond acceptable limits and is digitally modulating the sound. Like the others said, idle sounds good, but the transition while accelerating and decelerating is stepped.

I play on the PS4**
Pict

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Engine acceleration sound

Post by Pict »

Agreed. I find it is worse if you have multiple engine running at the same time, like it's draining the processor resources or something.

Supposedly soundproof cab is ridiculous also, as when you drive passed any traffic you can hear them louder than your own engine. You can even here birds and dogs loud and clear from inside the cab, but almost can't hear if your engine is running or not.

Then there's the external camera zoom linked to the engine volume, winch just shouldn't be the case. When you zoom out the engine sounds become almost silent, yet you can hear all the birds, dogs and traffic really loud....total disaster for immersion.

Apparently they were going to tweak the sounds? If they did, it's not noticeable.
Dexadrinne

Post by Dexadrinne »

Yes it is VERY bad on the Fendt 515c and theTatra 6x6.
This is on my own dedicated server.
Dexadrinne

Post by Dexadrinne »

Ok just did a test on playing SP. And there was no sound issues. So this issue is DEFINITELY a dedicated server issue.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Yeah what the hell happened to sounds in 1.2? Engine sounds go crazy when I drive on flat road half of the max speed. Yet at max speed/working on field sound keep switching from full engine load to like nothing. This did not happen before.
This is on PC Steam singleplayer on 70+ hours savegame.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
MetalGovy

Post by MetalGovy »

Yep the sounds in 1.2.0.1 in sp and dedicated still are terrible.
Fs17 sounds were not very realistic but much more acceptable then these messed up sounds
Unknownerr

Post by Unknownerr »

In FS17 it was more realistic than this sounds in FS19. No sounds associated with rpm. FS17 had good engine load sounds and in FS19 you nearly can't see a difference. And now combine sounds inacurate when combine stops rpm drops when it operates, when in real life no combine do this in working mode when every combine keeps rpm to spin every part constantly. Word to Giants why you done this FS17 sounds was nearly perfect just some improvements will be needed to make it better. And no load sounds when engine having hard job.
Spartan086

Post by Spartan086 »

Well, wasn't fixed in 1.2 and now it's Christmas and New Year.... so no chance this is getting fixed anytime soon. How did this slip through to the release anyway? >.<

EDIT: actually went back to 1.1.0, and 1.1.3. The issue was present even then, but Much less in my opinion. I think they made the issue worse with their "[Improved] Vehicle sounds (1.2)"

EDIT2: This issue is present in Single player.
Last edited by Spartan086 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Dexadrinne wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:34 am Ok just did a test on playing SP. And there was no sound issues. So this issue is DEFINITELY a dedicated server issue.
No unfortunately not, I'm not hosting dedicated