[KNOWN ISSUE] Landscaping tool bugs

Valgoot

[KNOWN ISSUE] Landscaping tool bugs

Post by Valgoot »

The new landscaping tool is awesome. However i have ran into an issue where i have leveled off some ground and for reasons i cannot figure out some spots just wont let me level. Such as these areas here. I have narrowed them down to single blocks. Now i can understand not being able to level off under the tower. But i don't understand the rest of it. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

https://ibb.co/VTFRFwK
IronEh

Re: Landscaping tool bugs

Post by IronEh »

Indeed I have. It has brought my farm development to a stand still as its preventing me from building or modifying the terrain in the area shown.

Both of said areas did have trees, however I removed them and ground down the stumps.

Giants, please fix this.

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Landscaping tool bugs

Post by Rahkiin »

It is currently not possible to deform ground that used to have trees. We are still looking into a solution.
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Also it would be nice to be able to level the ground up to a road, if there's a bank along the road, it will leave the bank, won't allow you to lower it to road level.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Spiritine wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm Also it would be nice to be able to level the ground up to a road, if there's a bank along the road, it will leave the bank, won't allow you to lower it to road level.
That's a real pain, especially when the terrain manages to climb through the road.

I've found that you can work close enough to the road if you reduce the brush size significantly, but then your working with a tiny brush which ain't so practical.

I was doing this earlier today, can make a screenshot if you like
CattleDan

Post by CattleDan »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 pm It is currently not possible to deform ground that used to have trees. We are still looking into a solution.
I started a new game with the latest 1.2.0.1 patch and in my messing around testing things I removed the trees and stumps north of field 20 on Felsbrunn and was able to lower and smooth it all out. so somehow this is working fine for me :hmm:
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

CattleDan wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 pm It is currently not possible to deform ground that used to have trees. We are still looking into a solution.
I started a new game with the latest 1.2.0.1 patch and in my messing around testing things I removed the trees and stumps north of field 20 on Felsbrunn and was able to lower and smooth it all out. so somehow this is working fine for me :hmm:
I think that is because you started with a fresh save. If I remember right, they said that if you had a save pre 1.2 and had removed a tree it wouldn't let you reform the ground, but it would if you had a new save or removed the tree after updating to 1.2
CattleDan

Post by CattleDan »

yeah I read that shortly after posting that. I have just been playing around with the game and haven't started to really build up a full farm yet.
Valgoot

Post by Valgoot »

It is probably the save thing because i know i have changed the ground where i have removed trees and their stumps on ravenport when i made the game after i updated the patch. It must have some clash with older saves, I didn't think of that thanks. i'll keep looking at this thread to see if any updates happen.

On a side note does anyone know if its possible to remove the little wooden tower in the picture?
john deere 5425

Post by john deere 5425 »

I dont know if this is a bug but when you paint the grass texture grass doesn't actually grow this is annoying and makes my farm look bad, pleasure try to fix this giants
Valgoot

Post by Valgoot »

john deere 5425 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 am I dont know if this is a bug but when you paint the grass texture grass doesn't actually grow this is annoying and makes my farm look bad, pleasure try to fix this giants
I think that mite actualy be intended because when you paint it removes grass and bushes so i thinks it's intended to do that, you have to come back through with a seeder and reseed grass.
john deere 5425

Post by john deere 5425 »

the grass also wont grow back if you smoother the land and if this is intended I hope giants add a growing grass texture to the landscaping so I dont have to plow every thing up
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

john deere 5425 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:56 am the grass also wont grow back if you smoother the land and if this is intended I hope giants add a growing grass texture to the landscaping so I dont have to plow every thing up
THIS!! Please!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

There has been a change between the 1.2 beta and the 1.2 release that should fix the tree issue. Please try it again on the very latest version of the game.

(The trees need to be removed after the update, though)
machaqueso

Post by machaqueso »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:59 am There has been a change between the 1.2 beta and the 1.2 release that should fix the tree issue. Please try it again on the very latest version of the game.

(The trees need to be removed after the update, though)
I tried this with 1.2 a few days ago on a live stream and I couldn't modify the terrain around where a tree used to be. This was a save created pre 1.2 but i removed the tree after the update.