[SOLVED] [FS19] Unable to exit vehicles, and most vehicles don't start (manual start), can't change camera

Knottypine

[SOLVED] [FS19] Unable to exit vehicles, and most vehicles don't start (manual start), can't change camera

Post by Knottypine »

So everything was working pretty well... now this evening, I can no longer exit from my vehicles (Steam version). 'E' is the key to enter/exit vehicles, and it no longer works.

Also vehicles no longer start. If auto-start is enabled, no problem. Manual start doesn't work. EXCEPT the Rubicon can manually start, and I tested by buying the small pick-up, and the manual start works. But the rest of my vehicles don't.
*New Holland TX32 can start, and the Buffalo can start.

I verified Steam files and everything checks out.

Also cannot change camera.

Currently have zero mods running.

*Seems the controls list (F1) no longer displays the key to start engine on most vehicles.

Also, cannot connect implements.

Completely uninstalled and reinstalling, will update on result.

Full uninstall and reinstall complete. Results are the same, game is unplayable in its current state (without implements).

---------

Update: So I have no idea what is going on with the key bindings. I uninstalled my HOTAS controller, which is odd that I'd have to remove a device to make others work, and/or make bindings appear in the F1 screen. Not sure if that made any difference. Then back in the game, reset all controls. Binded the controls again, and then they broke again. Reset all controls once more. Deleted all bindings related to my xbox controller which I don't use for FS. Deleted all bindings for the G27 that I don't use in-game and selectively and very carefully only binded controls for things I really wanted on the G27 buttons. Seems to be working at the moment.

So the big question remains... why did my controls suddenly break in the first place after I've been using them for 86 hours? (not to mention they've been working fine from day one to the released 1.2 patch) They just broke on Saturday Evening, 15 Dec. Worked fine before that. Currently on patch 1.2.0.1
tomknight16

Re: [SOLVED] [FS19] Unable to exit vehicles, and most vehicles don't start (manual start), can't change camera

Post by tomknight16 »

So the solution was to unbind all keys and re-assign them?
Simple Jack

Re: [SOLVED] [FS19] Unable to exit vehicles, and most vehicles don't start (manual start), can't change camera

Post by Simple Jack »

So also ran into this same issue. In my case, i could not exit combine harvesters, or a tractor while it had a forage wagon connected. Changing to another tractor did not help either; as long it had the forage wagon attached, only way to exit the vehicle was to switch to another. Entering vehicles was fine, also working fine was every other tractor+tool combo that i had in my farm.

But in both cases, i was able to exit the vehicle while an AI helper was running it (for the tractor i slapped a cultivator in front of it to make it usable for the AI helper)

But to completely get rid of the problem, i had to individually remove all joystick, gamepad and wheel input bindings.
Deleting config files, resetting key bindings ingame, disabling mods; these did not work.

Right now i only have the wheel and pedal axis in use and no problems exiting vehicles.

So i am quite confused with my results. At the same time a conflict with AI helper and control input bindings.

My controllers:
Steam Controller
Logitech Freedom 2.4
Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals and gearshift
TrackIR 5
Attachments
inputBinding.xml
(45.94 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
inputBinding_bugged.xml
(72.52 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
log.txt
(34.9 KiB) Downloaded 104 times