Biogas payout issue

Post by Spiritine »

- PC
- Biogas plant
- Issue: Payment error
- Multiplayer non dedicated
- Steps to reproduce: Sell silage to biogas plant
- Standard map without mods

I had 1,260,000 approximately in bunker and when it was ready I loaded it all into the hopper and sold it

Price was 600 on the list, so i should have got 756,000?

I got almost 239,000

The machinery to make this cost just over 1,000,000 not to mention 564,000 for the biogas plant.... only took us like 4 hours as well lol, what a disappointment.
PaulNewson1968

Re: Biogas payout issue

Post by PaulNewson1968 »

I found exactly the same issue. I'm on medium level so should be getting £360 per 1000l (or £0.36 per lltre). When I looked in the xml file for the bga (for Felsbrunn under Steam it is in
"Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Farming Simulator 19\data\placeables\mapDE\bga\bga.xml") I noticed the following lines:-

Code: Select all

<slot capacity="50000" litersPerSecond="10" >
                <fillType fillTypes="silage manure" scale="0.4" pricePerLiter="0.2"/>
                <fillType fillTypes="grass_windrow dryGrass_windrow" scale="0.2" pricePerLiter="0.044"/>
                <display baseNode="0|1" />
            </slot>
            <slot capacity="50000" litersPerSecond="10">
                <fillType fillTypes="liquidManure" scale="0.3" pricePerLiter="0.16"/>
            </slot>
You can see that silage manure has pricePerLiter of 0.2 when it should be 0.36 for medium level and 0.6 for easy level - I also checked in game and discovered that the price per litre for grass and hay should be 0.079 (£79 per 1000l) on medium level instead of 0.044 and liquid manure should be 0.287 for medium instead of 0.16. I have therefore changed the lines above to the following:-

<slot capacity="50000" litersPerSecond="10" >
                <fillType fillTypes="silage manure" scale="0.4" pricePerLiter="0.36"/>
                <fillType fillTypes="grass_windrow dryGrass_windrow" scale="0.2" pricePerLiter="0.079"/>
                <display baseNode="0|1" />
            </slot>
            <slot capacity="50000" litersPerSecond="10">
                <fillType fillTypes="liquidManure" scale="0.3" pricePerLiter="0.287"/>
            </slot>
NOTE: The file I have changed is part of the main game, not part of my save game so any future updates from Giants might overwrite my changes, so hopefully their very next update will fix their bug so I don't have to edit the file again.

Although I know nothing of how the game works internally, I think that it is highly likely that if you have games saved at different levels, this temporary fix will only work for the save game at the level you fix it for and games saved at other levels will not work - e.g. if you enter the values for medium level, then easy and hard save games will pay out medium level too - this paragraph is just guesswork on my part so may be wrong.

ALSO NOTE: The figures I have used are for medium level, if you're on easy level you will have to check in-game to see what the values should be.

When I edited the file above there was some silage in my Biogas plant which had been processed but not yet paid out, so the amount had been stored in my save game at the incorrect value of 200 per 1000 litres so I edited
"My Documents\my games\FarmingSimulator2019\savegame1\items.xml", found

<item className="BgaPlaceable"
and directly under that changed

<bga money="51295.242188">
to

<bga money="92331.435938">
(51295.242188 * 360/200 = 92331.435938 to 6 d.p.).

I have since added more silage to the Biogas plant and waited until midnight to confirm that I received the correct amount.

EDIT: The above edit pays out the correct amount but displays a higher amount on the screen with the prices, which suggests that the file I edited should have the values for hard level, which it did, and that the game should apply a multiplier for medium/easy level for both the price screen and the actual payout but the multiplier is only being applied to the price screen, not the payout. This means that if/when Giants fix their bug, I will need to edit the bga.xml file back to how it was originally otherwise I will be paid too much.
Spiritine

Re: Biogas payout issue

Post by Spiritine »

Hell of a post man,great detail, I hope the guys from giants read it, good find! Thank you