[READ] Steering back speed setting - PS4

RODHA

[READ] Steering back speed setting - PS4

Post by RODHA »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4.
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Steering back speed setting.
- Issue: Steering back speed setting is gone under the general settings menu.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single.
- Steps to reproduce: Check the general settings menu in the game.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes.
PS5 / FS22
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Steering back speed setting - PS4

Post by Rahkiin »

This is intended as steering back speed does not actually work with the controller stick.
RODHA

Re: [WONTFIX] Steering back speed setting - PS4

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the reply Rahkiin :hi:

I don't know how and who decided that but it worked for me. Quite noticeably actually.
Because it especially made tractors act a lot like real life. They are not snappy super cars reacting all your inputs immediately.
For me that is a real loss like camera collision. It shouldn't be removed.
Besides what was the drawback if it has been left there?
People who doesn't feel it work wouldn't just use it.
PS5 / FS22
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

It is unfortunate whomever signed off on that decision. I play on XBOX and the steering backspeed worked very well and gave a great deal of controle to the semi trucks when traveling over 30mph. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature was reconsidered for a return. It really complimented the other revisions you guys made to how equipment feels while operating. FS19 feels much more realistic in how equipment handles and the steering backspeed feature was part of that overall improvement that myself and RODHA seem to enjoy.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
lefe1

Re: Steering back speed setting - PS4

Post by lefe1 »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 am This is intended as steering back speed does not actually work with the controller stick.

Oh yes it did work. I had mine set to 90% and didn't flip a tractor. because the lower you had it set I keep flipping tractors because the steering would snap back very quick and the tractor would flip and all I was using was the ps4 controller stick. It's just with out this steering back speed adjustment it's harder to drive tractors. I really hope you guys reconsider bringing it back.. and who ever told you it didn't work don't know what they are talking about and doesn't play the game on consoles with a controller *thumbsdown* . I have 245 hours on ravenport and I can tell you that it does work..
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

"[WONTFIX]" --> Thank you for listening your community then.
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

wontfix..WHAT? wasn't nothing too fix. It was working the 1st time. i'm just setting here shaking my head. very poor decision on your part giants....
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Looks like they remove things in every patch and "WON'T FIX" them..
Grass destructions, now this....

To me, it sounds more like a "We have no idea how to keep this feature without breaking something else"....
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] Steering back speed setting - PS4

Post by Rahkiin »

I'll throw this in the group. We had reports of this not working on gamepads (from the community)
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

thank you Rahkiin. very much appreciate you guys looking into it...
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I also used 90% setting and noticed the removal quickly. I hope it does get brought back it was a nice feature that like lefe said gave a realistic feel to equipment.Thank you for looking into it.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Stiglitz

Post by Stiglitz »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:16 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 am This is intended as steering back speed does not actually work with the controller stick.

Oh yes it did work. I had mine set to 90% and didn't flip a tractor. because the lower you had it set I keep flipping tractors because the steering would snap back very quick and the tractor would flip and all I was using was the ps4 controller stick. It's just with out this steering back speed adjustment it's harder to drive tractors. I really hope you guys reconsider bringing it back.. and who ever told you it didn't work don't know what they are talking about and doesn't play the game on consoles with a controller *thumbsdown* . I have 245 hours on ravenport and I can tell you that it does work..
Well if you think that a lower "steering back speed" is making the wheel "snap back very quick" you probably did not understand what this setting is supposed to do. (at least I am understanding it this way. I may be wrong but I don't think so.)

At 100% the wheels go from any turn-degree to 0° at 100% speed (somewhere is a fixed maximum "x-Degree per second" turn rate defined). Also the wheel will "always" return, even when standing still.
At 50% the wheels return to 0° at 50% speed. (So SLOWER than at 100%) (Also the wheel will only return when the vehicle is moving which is the case at any setting lower than 100%)
at 0% the wheels wont return to 0° on their own. The player always has to press a key to return the wheels, even when the vehicle is moving, the wheels won't go back to center.

So you saying "at lower settings you would flip because of the wheel snapping back" kind of makes no sense.
The only reason this could be true if it was bugged - and in this case the removal is even more justified.

This setting is intended for Digital inputs like a keyboard, not for Analog inputs from a Joypad or steering wheel.

For Analog inputs there is the Sensitivity setting (which are only available (at least on PC) when you loaded into the menu, Not into a game/"Farm"!
Even though there should definitely be some more settings like a Player-defined steering speed.

Kind Regards
Stig
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Stiglitz wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 pm
I don't have no clue about pc stuff . i'm playing on ps4 and when I had it set to 90% the slower it went back to 0% if you had it set on 50% the faster it went back to 0%. i'm not the only console player that has said this...I messed with the Steering back speed for about 2 to 3 hours to get it where I liked it and that was 90 to 100% because it went back to 0% slower so when your going around a corner and you let your analog stick go back to 0 the tractor was still turning because it was slower coming back to 0%.. now the way it is if your cornering fast and just let the analog stick go back to 0 the steering returns to 0% in a snap or very fast then it's very easy to flip. that's why I miss the steering back speed when we did have it...oh well.. and also it made it a lot smoother cornering having it set to 90% to 100%
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

Not sure if this feature worked as intended, but removing it noticably affected my ability to control my tractor. Still trying to figure out how to keep from turning into that darn river heading up the hill on Ravenport.
Expreso

Post by Expreso »

Would not a steering sensitivity setting be better than a steering delay?

We can steer and do not have to tap-tap-tap.

Or both and in addition the dead zone, then everyone would be happy.

Please also on Xbox.
| Xbox One X | LS17 & LS19 Premium Ed. | LS22 Y1Bdl. |