Bales disappear on feeding area even it is full

IceUul

Bales disappear on feeding area even it is full

Post by IceUul »

- PC
- Object: Round and Square hay bales
- Issue: Bales disappear into feeding area even after the feed amount is full
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Drop round or square hay bales (bought from shop) to cow pasture, sheep pasture and horse paddock
feeding area. After the food amount is full, bales still disappear. Tried it on felsbrunn map with smaller pastures.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes

Comment: in FS17 they disappear as long the amount is full, after that they stay in feeding area, i lost most
of my bales this way, since i accidentaly dropped them all on marked horse paddock feeding area.
hpmc13

Re: Bales disappear on feeding area even it is full

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm seeing this as well. In FS17 if you needed 1000 litres to top it off and you dropped in a 4000 litre bale the amount would go over 100% and use the entirety of the bale. However, it wouldn't take any more than that; the bales would just sit there. Now its takes the bales without giving you 'credit' for them. I was on Ravenport feeding sheep. I switched to a forage wagon after that.
Playing on PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Ok, i had time to test it. Problem has there with all the bales in vanilla game.
So only way to avoid this bug:
1. Calculate how much bales do you need, all what is more will vanish.
2. Use filled trailers, they will stop unloading after the feeding amount gets full.

I made one video to show how to loose your bales. First i have 15x grass square bale and 1x hay bale. Hay limit is full, this bale will disappear, grass bales yield total
60000 litres, but cows only need 35895 litres of grass, here is million dollar question where goes the rest of 24105 litres of grass.

Watch at 4k if possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqqghVZdR4

It should be fixed, this is so stupid bug. Bales should only disappear as the amount needed to fill the limit.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

This problem is still there in patch 1.3.0.0 beta.