[PS4] Full throttle noise and high RPM at low speed

VMB-TAN

[PS4] Full throttle noise and high RPM at low speed

Post by VMB-TAN »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: various tractors
- Issue: the engine sounds like it's doing full throttle when driving at low speed, rev counter shows high rpm too.
- Single- or Multiplayer: single player
- Steps to reproduce: drive at low speed
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: yes

Here's a screenshot from inside a John Deere, cruise control is set at 5KPH, rev counter shows 1892RPM. The engine sounds like it's doing full throttle. Happens in various vehicles.

mespalin

Re: [PS4] Full throttle noise and high RPM at low speed

Post by mespalin »

Unfortunately the throttle and engine sounds just sound poor to me. If you listen to just the engine sounds, at certain RPM’s I would say they are better. But when you listen to the sounds throughout the entire RPM range, they are monotone and very boring, almost a drone that takes so much out of the experience. The 1.2 patch improved the throttle control some, but IMO it is still horrible, and the engine sounds do not even match up to the throttle level RPM. Very disappointed in the implementation of the engine sounds and acceleration.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
Szmiti

Re: [PS4] Full throttle noise and high RPM at low speed

Post by Szmiti »

I think I may have the same thing as you on PC (posted :Engine RPM does not always reduce after PTO off) but not sure under exactly what circumstances you are seeing this ? If not the same, then it seems then to be another similar tractor RPM issue ....