[SOLVED] Railroad tracks

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [SOLVED] Railroad tracks

Post by Rahkiin »

Well this one is not going to change. There are tracks, they are on top of the ground so they need collision. This equipment is low to the ground, that is to their spec. You should not drive with low equipment over high obstacles. So no, you won't be able to cross tracks that do not have a provided road on it.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm not asking for no collision...in 2017 the tracks were there and we're rough like real life...but in 2019 even high up equipment can't get over them lol and get stuck which is not realistic...but okay
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
iB055

Post by iB055 »

The constraints of the terraforming tool close to objects could be adjusted to allow us to level the ground along rail tracks where we would like to make a crossing.

A prime example is on Ravenport up around fields 1, 2 and 3. Rather than having to drive clear around to access those fields we should be able to create a crossing. There is already a gravel road there but no access to it
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
W1der

Post by W1der »

Are there any rail road crossings that actually are designed like this IRL?

On Felsbrunn the tracks are lowered in to the ground surrounded by concrete of some type ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

iB055 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 pm The constraints of the terraforming tool close to objects could be adjusted to allow us to level the ground along rail tracks where we would like to make a crossing.

A prime example is on Ravenport up around fields 1, 2 and 3. Rather than having to drive clear around to access those fields we should be able to create a crossing. There is already a gravel road there but no access to it
Yes this would help! But they won't do it

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
iB055

Post by iB055 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:17 pm
iB055 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 pm The constraints of the terraforming tool close to objects could be adjusted to allow us to level the ground along rail tracks where we would like to make a crossing.

Yes this would help! But they won't do it
I don't know...maybe. Terraforming is a new feature that can be built upon and improved going forward. Let's wait and see lol.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I would love that! But I'm just going off the response I got from Rahkiin that it won't...

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!