Re: "Brakes" need attention for all wheel and pedal setups

hubcap_1

Re: "Brakes" need attention for all wheel and pedal setups

Post by hubcap_1 »

All the people ( regardless of model or manufacturer), I have talked to have reported the same issue on the wheel and pedal setups that are currently supported by 19. They only get Brakes with the full depression of the pedal. It is not linear as it should be ! Giants needs to take a look at this.
W1der

Re: Re: "Brakes" need attention for all wheel and pedal setups

Post by W1der »

I am using the G920 ... and I am quite happy with how the brakes are tuned.
My break pedal has a rubber thingy behind it and I get a little break effect when the resistance from the rubber ads in ... and I can adjust the brakes very nicely by adding a slight pressure to it making a controlled slow down or pressing really hard if I need to do a "emergency break"!
This gives it a very realistic "breaking experience" just like it would in a real vehicle (which does not have a linear "feedback / inputs").
I turned the sensitivity up to 60% (that would be +10% units from default setting) for the brake pedal in the settings in the Logitech software.

For the gas pedal however, I had to turn the sensitivity settings in the Logitech software to 1(ONE)% to get it somewhat realistic.
But with it set like this (after getting used to it) I like it better than how it was in FS17.
I have a lot better control over acceleration and braking than ever before ... *thumbsup*
Tuned down this low I also get a better sound experience as I can detect that the engine is working less when I only press the gas pedal slightly at lower speeds ... I can also drive with good precision when loading bales and such.

Controls are probably different depending on type/manufacturer ...
What we need is more tools to adjust this in the controls menu ... I would like to be able to tune the curb of the axis myself!

There also seems to be a big difference now regarding "physics" ... if you are driving with a heavy load ... brakes are not as effective (realistic).
Drive accordingly ... :this:
I find myself driving a lot slower / more careful now then I was when playing FS17 ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Loz_636

Post by Loz_636 »

@W1der
I have the same setup and I took my brake pedal apart (youtube vids) and cut the rubber block in half and it feels much easier to use - I found I was really stamping on it hard to get a decent brake!
W1der

Post by W1der »

You must be really weak then ... (joking) :lol:

May it be that you are driving to fast / slowing down to late?
I used to do that before getting used to the new game!

Breaks seems to be more realistic now ... I adapted my driving accordingly.

Instead of taking your gear apart ... why not use the clutch as a break pedal?

Breaks are supposed to feel ”hard” ...
(This is why I am using shoes when playing with pedals.)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Loz_636

Post by Loz_636 »

How long have you had your G920? Maybe its just the new ones then as even with shoes I have to push so hard on the brake pedal it pushed my chair backwards before I modified it!

I did adjust my driving style to the new game for a while thinking its just because the pedals are new they should soften up, but they don't! The rubber block is extremely hard..

Using the clutch was an option but I didn't like having to move my foot so far over to reach the clutch pedal all the time and its just wrong to use 2 feet!

If my cars brake pedal was this hard it would have seized calipers in real life believe me!!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have used mine for a while ... also I weigh around 100kg.

Anyways ... as I said, it would be nice to be able to adjust the curb of the axis so that one can have a soft or hard setting according to personal pref depending on the controller used.
Loz_636

Post by Loz_636 »

W1der wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 am I have used mine for a while ... also I weigh around 100kg.

Anyways ... as I said, it would be nice to be able to adjust the curb of the axis so that one can have a soft or hard setting according to personal pref depending on the controller used.
Yes agree that would be nice to be able to adjust..

Nice country you live in by the way, my car was made in Sweden :-D