Potato Harvester unloading issue

Post by EJgaming »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1:
PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:
Potato harvester:
Grimme Varitron 470 Terra-Trac
- Issue:
The bridge to unload potatoes over to the trailer is too low in standard position. I can manually adjust it, but when using hired worker it will only reset to standard position which is too low for some trailers. The hired worker will have to be dismissed in order to unload the harvester to the trailer.
- Single- or Multiplayer:
Single
- Steps to reproduce:
Harvest potatoes in field 12 at felsbrunn.
Use f.ex Man TGS 18500 4x4 Truck and Krampe KS 950 trailer
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no
yes
- Suggested solution:
Can hired worker adjust the bridge themselves automatic to fit the trailer and terrain, or can hired worker as a standard set the bridge in the highest position? Alternative I can set the bridge in the preferred position before I hire the worker, and then the hired worker will keep the bridge in that position? Solution may also be used for beet harvesters, because terrain can make the same problem for beet harvesters.

Unloading bridge is too low.

Have to dismiss worker and adjust the bridge myself
Farmer Bacon

Re: Potato Harvester unloading issue

Post by Farmer Bacon »

I have been having issues with this harvester as well. When you lower the harvester to start a new row it resets the unload conveyor to its starting position. I didn't realise it was doing it but couldn't figure out why I kept hitting my trailer. It wasn't until near the end of the contract that I saw what was happening.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
W1der

Re: Potato Harvester unloading issue

Post by W1der »

Yes, I can confirm this and it is super annoying ...

As mentioned ... when you lower the "picker upper thingy" the "bridge" snaps in to the lowest position!

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5