Cannot move placeables, Terrain cursor with mouse!

exiledred

Cannot move placeables, Terrain cursor with mouse!

Post by exiledred »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1:
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Placeable shop items, Terrain editing cursor or rotate hand objects (tree stumps)
- Issue: Cannot use the mouse to control the placement and or deform terrain. Tried with or without controllers made no difference. Also when i pick up small items with my hand im unable to rotate them. For example tree stumps or egg boxes.
Already tried to delete the inputbindings and the mod folder no difference. Also reinstall made no difference.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Start Game
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Happens on both standard maps and with or without mods makes no difference.
Attachments
log.txt
(49.07 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
206airmail

Re: Cannot move placeables, Terrain cursor with mouse!

Post by 206airmail »

I can confirm this issue. For me it happens if my steering wheel isn't perfectly centered when opening the shop. Once it happens the only way to fix is to completely exit the game, insure the controls are all perfectly centered and then when I start the game it will usually let me use the mouse again. Sometimes a couple restarts are required. My brother has a different wheel and he can't get his mouse to work at all. He has to unplug his controllers and just go back to mouse and k/b to do any placeable stuff.
This also affects the 3D viewport in the shop, it won't let me rotate the vehicle around, it moves very slightly when moving my mouse though even though no buttons are pressed on the mouse. However, it is impossible to fully rotate the vehicle.
Edit: Found this thread that was marked solved, however, i can confirm it is still present and am being affected by it.
viewtopic.php?f=967&t=130436
Edit2: Found another thread a few pages back describing the same issue
viewtopic.php?f=965&t=138789
My control setup is:
Logitech G27 with pedals and "H" Shifter
2 Thrustmaster 16000m Joysticks
exiledred

Post by exiledred »

Ok i found a fix for my problem.
It seems the Thrustmaster TFlightstick X takes over the mouse controls as soon as i unplug that everything works fine.
Looks like the game cant handle some joysticks i use a g27 and 2 times t16000m from thrustmaster now and everything works fine.
206airmail

Post by 206airmail »

Yeah, you can get around it by unplugging controllers or making sure all the controllers are centered prior to opening the shop. It's still a bug that needs fixed though.